Technical Panda 1.2 changing thermostat,worth doing stiff clutch slave cylinder,same time..?known problem..

Currently reading:
Technical Panda 1.2 changing thermostat,worth doing stiff clutch slave cylinder,same time..?known problem..

Hi all,found excellent vid on utube,usual problem,thermostat stuck open.recommends going in by taking out battery box..so be it,have new thermostat,eBay,9 quid.questions are..85 k ,district nurse battlescarred taxi stylee,clutch pedal getting a bit stiff,have recon slave cylinder..worth doing at same time,or opening can of worms.?up to it mechanically,as in younger days,changed whole engines,insprites,mk 1 cortina’s,but a lot more room to work in the engine bays..!plus plastic clips wears,things go ping!and can I drain a bit off the rad..pristine new driveway..wife would kill me..ha ha.ps,who designed the opaque inaccessible coolant tank…

If you don't do the slave get some red rubber grease and pop the seal off the end and stick some in
it will help, did mine about 2 years back it freed it off and it has stayed free.
You can do it by feel from under the car but if the battery tray is coming out.

Stiff clutch pedal

Worn out clutch normally

Squeaking and or pedal not returning

Slave cylinder normally

But nothing is garenteed

I would measure the release arm I posted the correct measurements awhile back

Or grease the slave and see if the problem improves

Stiff clutch pedal

Worn out clutch normally

Slave cylinder normally

But nothing is garenteed

Many thanks..and also..why is the coolant reservoir so badly designed,opaque,hard to fill …

Many thanks..and also..why is the coolant reservoir so badly designed,opaque,hard to fill …
Cheap I guess

I started out shining a torch at the side at night like others, along with peering down the top

And eventually settled on blowing down a tube while lowering it into the tank, when you hear bubbles that the level, works pretty good, quick and you don't have to wait for night

It is important not to over fill as well as having too little

Stiff clutch pedal

Worn out clutch normally

Slave cylinder normally

But nothing is garenteed

Ty,useful..

Cheap I guess

I started out shining a torch at the side at night like others, along with peering down the top

And eventually settled on blowing down a tube while lowering it into the tank, when you hear bubbles that the level, works pretty good, quick and you don't have to wait for night

Ty koalar .these things are quirky..is there a drain plug on the panda 1.2 rad?I’ve got a whole refurb kit..and a new unused vaileo clutch.****,even to get the spark plugs out,mine have done at least 50k..deep..my friendly garage guy told me..beware disturbance of cheap plastic bits,,as said ,things go ping..

If you don't do the slave get some red rubber grease and pop the seal off the end and stick some in
it will help, did mine about 2 years back it freed it off and it has stayed free.
You can do it by feel from under the car but if the battery tray is coming out.
Ty for that,Ralph m..

Cheap I guess

I remove the cap and shine the torch down the filler neck, even in daylight it aluminates the inside and you can see the water level from the outside.

Back