Technical Paint codes

Currently reading:
Technical Paint codes

Philjay51

My wife has just managed to damage the front wing and door on her GP, its red and I have been told by a Fiat dealership that the colour code is 176. I can get a door and wing from ebay colour coded 176a, is this the same colour or will it be different. I have a non fiat touch up which is 176a and that is slightly different. I do not attach too much credibility to the accuracy of the touch up colour.

Check the sticker under the bonnet just to be sure, there you can find the color code of your car.

176 is NOT the same as 176A

176A is exotica red.
176 is a burgandy colour.

Last edited:
Check the sticker under the bonnet just to be sure, there you can find the color code of your car.

176 is NOT the same as 176A

176A is exotica red.
176 is a burgandy colour.

Thanks for the info, the. Eason i asked is partly because the label is missing, I went to the main dealer and they told me the colour is Exotica red but the code is 176, I guess they just forgot the "A".
I have seen parts available with the colour code 176A.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Thanks for that info, I would say that is the same colour as mine, ie very red. If the seller was closer I would go and look but they aren't so I will have to take a chance or do nothing. At the end of the day the car is not worth much and spending say £100.00, either for parts in colour or getting something else put into colour.

my grande/2012 is also VERY RED,
but "Passion RED" - appears to be the "stock" red for a GP..:confused:

Back