Technical P24AE Particulate Matter (soot) sensor

Currently reading:
Technical P24AE Particulate Matter (soot) sensor

Reg 65

Anyone else had this problem?
What I have found out so far is its apparently down to a batch of faulty Particulate Matter (soot) sensors fitted to Ducatos around 2020/2021
Brings on the engine management light
(I have got a new code reader - previous one showed P24AC)

I read on a MH forum about 2022 there being a spate of failures due to a dodgy batch of sensors. Get it replaced and problem goes. Then there was a huge backlog for the sensors, dont know if they are now available.
Seems like there was a service campaign

Subject: Motorhome Service Campaign FIAT 6306
Weinsberg Caracompactxxxxxxxxxxx
Service Campaign FIAT 6306
Replacement particulate matter sensor.

I read on a MH forum about 2022 there being a spate of failures due to a dodgy batch of sensors. Get it replaced and problem goes. Then there was a huge backlog for the sensors, dont know if they are now available.
Seems like there was a service campaign

Subject: Motorhome Service Campaign FIAT 6306
Weinsberg Caracompactxxxxxxxxxxx
Service Campaign FIAT 6306
Replacement particulate matter sensor.
Thanks for the reply
Yes thats the link I found
Its still under Fiat warranty (new vans get 3 year warranty) so I want them to fix it before it fails the MOT on emissions light.
But Fiat Professional Dealer I bought it from didn't know about it
Which unfortunately means a lengthy trip and wait there for a full diagnosis and conflab with Fiat before they will order the sensor.
So I posted to see whether anyone else had the same problem in the hope of seeing how widespread it is, and how they got on with getting it fixed.

Well the dealer said she had no record of 6306 or any other Particulate Matter Sensor campaign
But said the Particulate Matter Sensor is a known issue, fitted another under warranty, and it seems fine now.

Back