Technical P0481 fan 2 control circuit fault

Currently reading:
Technical P0481 fan 2 control circuit fault

Contender1

Hope someone can help.
Having some weird problems with my Van it all started when the blowers stopped working.
Checked fuses, swapped horn relay with heater blower relay no joy, eventually narrowed down to the fan motor whic was kaput.

That evening 2 hours after checking fuses etc the horn went off and wouldnt stop whilst vehicle was parked up and i had to disconnect the battery to get it to stop.

I charged battery whilst i had it off and reconnected following morning no more horn problem but now i had engine management light on grrrr.

Thought dont panic and lets fix the first problem, purchased new heater blower fitted that and blowers and heating now works.

Then purchased an obd II scanner plugged that in and I have p0481 fan 2 relay control circuit fault.

Yes i understand that, I was just providing the history leading up to the 2nd fault which Im not 100% sure is real.
I want to test the fan 2 relay circuit but cant identify the components at the momemt.

I just tried to see if the fan would come on, i let the engine run for about 20 mins whilst stationery, the temp gauge reached halfway,the fan didnt come on, but neither did the temperature go up any further.
I would have expected the fan to come on at the halfway mark?

Back