Technical overheating

Currently reading:
Technical overheating

jackie.

help! after numerous other problems with my brava including the head gasket camshaft and gearbox/clutch it has now overheated again! the oil and cap look fine. I topped up the water in the radiator and started the engine again all seemed fine, when i took the radiator cap off again the water came back out? any suggestions I am afraid to drive my car in case the costly gasket goes again! also the injector light comes on occasionally and then goes off after the car revving by itself! is my car haunted???? or is this a sticky throttle? please help!

Is ur radiator leaking (pools of water where the car is parked???) Only other thing can think of other than that maybe the water pump goin faulty, is ur car heater working ok? Best to get it to a garage with probs like that, further use could be more damaging.

logo_phpBB.gif

www.kendz.co.uk

Which is your engine?... Year?

I also think what Si has said: the first petrol engine of Fiat "Torque" series had problems with the termostath... in Italy 1,6 had a recall by Fiat (in '96)...
My 1,4 in '97 had a similar problem... the injector light was always on and the temperature water indicator was down... but the engine working hadn't problems... Fiat garage resolved me the problem in warranty...

Ciao

Roberto

di u take the rocker cover off and check oil was going on to the camshaft, silly to ask really, but my camshaft, 4 valves, 3 tappets all went west because the oil pipe was blocked. If there's no oil coming through take the pipe off and clean it out with acid, air liquid just don'r work..

Back