Panda_001a.jpg

Panda Our new Panda 100

Introduction

Howdy people, so a while back I was looking at getting a new(ish) Panda 4x4 / cross and ended up getting a Focus estate :rolleyes:
After viewing a car that Carpy63 had for sale and being picked up in his fantastic 100 I decided that at some stage I had to get me one of these little beasts.
So, here she is fresh off the transporter, our '07 100, she's got 69k on the clock, is is really nice nick, not had a really forensic look underneath but overall a nice clean car.
Current mods that have been performed are:

Induction kit
Stainless cat-back system that rattles, rubber mounts need replacing.
Pioneer android system.
Oodles of speakers with a sub that has replaced the glovebox that will have to go, luckily the seller kept the glovebox.

Jobs that need doing...

The driver's seat is a bit naff so I'm in the process of trying to source some Abarth seats.

Discs and pads need replacing, the seller had already bought them but not got round to it, one of the rear bearings is shot, again seller provided that.

The passenger side fog is rusty so that'll need replacing, I'm contemplating some fogs with halo DRLs, anyone done this, recommendations?

The plastic that surrounds the side of the rear seats is cracked, gonna have to see if I can source replacements for that...Would I need 100 specific plastics or would any Panda (with the right colour) surround plastics fit?

It got here about an hour ago and I've had a quick blast around the lanes and what a joyous thing it is :slayer:
Update on the Panda....my daughter is currently using it as her daily as her Mk1 TT is off the road due to a misfire. Luckily her boyfriend has a mate that runs a garage, he's fitted the replacement exhaust, rear bearing and both front wishbones for us as well as doing the MOT. Saved me crawling under the car on the drive in the cold and rain!
He asked where I got the exhaust as he's never had a Panda exhaust fit perfectly before. If anyone wants one, this is the one I got

I've decided not to keep the stainless exhaust so it'll be up for sale soon.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Misfire will be the coilpacks, the later 1.8T eats them for fun. Not worth getting cheap ones either, it'll be dead again within a month.

You've got me interested in the stainless exhaust now!

Hahaha, well with yours Wazzer that's two people interested in the zorst!

I'll say here that it is really quite loud as it only has the rear silencer, the car and the zorst aren't here at the moment so when it is back I'll post pictures. I've no idea of the make, the stainless does look good quality, I've no idea how long it has been on the car but it is still in really good condition. Obviously it is really heavy so postage would be dead expensive.

The TT is a 3.2. I managed to get the lite version of VAGCOM working with the KKL lead I bought for the Panda! Cylinder one is the one with the issue so we've got a coil pack on order. (y)

I've taken a good look at the exhaust and even from a first glimpse it is clearly a one-off, the mounting bars are just bits of threaded rod cut off and welded on :rolleyes: The build quality though is very good, the stainless it is made of is quite thick, it just needs a good clean up. The back box, not got a clue, no stamps on it and if there were any stickers on it, well they're not there any more. It is a heavy old unit. The tail pipes should polish up quite nicely. As you can see the rear mounting brackets are bolt on affairs, when we got the car it only had the one on, I ordered a second one (the shinier one at the very back of the box), this enabled the box to sit more evenly.

Exhaust_001.jpg

Exhaust_002.jpg

Exhaust_003.jpg

Exhaust_004.jpg

Exhaust_005.jpg

Exhaust_006.jpg

Exhaust_007.jpg

Exhaust_008.jpg

Exhaust_009.jpg

I have just been told by the boss under no circumstances am I getting an exhaust for the Panda...so apologies that's me out!

Ah the 3.2, I absolutely love the sound of the V6 (even though it's technically a VR6)

Coilpack issue still applies though

I have just been told by the boss under no circumstances am I getting an exhaust for the Panda...so apologies that's me out!

No problem (y)

Ah the 3.2, I absolutely love the sound of the V6 (even though it's technically a VR6)

Coilpack issue still applies though

Well this one has an even louder and more stupid exhaust than the Panda had, it is soooo loud.

Coilpack has turned up, so easy to fit, code cleared and thankfully the misfire has cleared and the code has not returned :slayer:

Last edited:
Howdy gang, it's been a while. I've still got the 100, she's been sitting forlornly on the drive on a SORN for over a year. I bought some Abarth seats a while back to replace the originals...the drivers seat has the common base unit issue, it's quite literally a pain in the bum!
Well, I've finally got my arse in gear, the old seats are out (front and back), the carpets have been shampoo'd and have come up quite nicely. I've swapped the brackets from the old to the Abarth seats and have got the drivers seat in. Have to same I'm so chuffed, these Abarth seats are so flippin' comfy.
Hit an issue with the rear seats.....they've not got ISOFIX built in so the originals will have to stay.

Jobs to do are....
Fit new head unit and fix dodgy sound (broken amp or crossover + fit rear speakers)
Cam Belt + water pump
New discs and pads all round.
General service (oil, filter, spark plugs etc...)
New Exhaust gasket.
MOT
Hopefully she'll be back on the road in a couple of weeks.

Attachments

• Abarth_Seat.mp4
    31.6 MB
shame about the rear seats

the hole spacing on a standard panda and 500 (including arbarth) are all the same at the rear, not 100% on the 100HP

but there's several different fitting arrangement and bars

I think as long as you get all the brackets (bit late now) with the seat it fits, I have just done a 2010 1.2 eco fuel pump, from memory it looks different to the last split fold i lifted out,

the bracket is unlikely to be unique to the arbarth seats, might be worth trying a few from a local breakers if you have on local, (there getting rare)

good luck with your project

shame about the rear seats

the hole spacing on a standard panda and 500 (including arbarth) are all the same at the rear, not 100% on the 100HP

but there's several different fitting arrangement and bars

I think as long as you get all the brackets (bit late now) with the seat it fits, I have just done a 2010 1.2 eco fuel pump, from memory it looks different to the last split fold i lifted out,

the bracket is unlikely to be unique to the arbarth seats, might be worth trying a few from a local breakers if you have on local, (there getting rare)

good luck with your project
Aha, I didn't realise the 500 had a separate bar.....found one on Ebay, I take it this is what I'm after?

Or can I take the bar out of my 100 seats and put them in the Abarth seats? All the Abarth seats I've looked at on Ebay are without ISOFIX.

I know the brackets at the top for clipping the seat in after they've been folder are different. i think I should be able to make something up, or get one fabricated for me.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Aha, I didn't realise the 500 had a separate bar.....found one on Ebay, I take it this is what I'm after?

Or can I take the bar out of my 100 seats and put them in the Abarth seats? All the Abarth seats I've looked at on Ebay are without ISOFIX.

I know the brackets at the top for clipping the seat in after they've been folder are different. i think I should be able to make something up, or get one fabricated for me.

yes the bracket looks very similar to the one in my panda 2011 with split folding

however the brackets match the seats, there are a few slight variations, I nearly took a photo but went no waste of storage space, wish i had now

sorry i cant be 100% certain, this is where the old fashion take it off yourself breakers worked well, as they often allowed you to try before you buy, my old panda was often patched up with punto grande parts

Back