other members motors

Currently reading:
other members motors

rich hemmings

ok with the other thread going off the rails a a bit , i thought WE should all cast a vote to see how we all feel about having a small section for members to discuss about other cars (they may have or if a friend or member of thier faimly wants soem advice about thier car)

i know this is a fiat forum, but i thhink it is unfair for memebrs who have been loyall to this forum for years, to sell thier car and not been able to find another sutible forum to go onto and discuss problems about their (NEW) car

thanks

rich

I think your bug is gorgeous, although if I was gonna buy one it would be black with tinted windows, the only way to make a bug into a guys car IMO :)

On a lower budget I would buy a bug in front of most cars, they are classy and will look good for as long as they run.

See we really need this section guys.

Please :worship:

KoArAnG said:
I think your bug is gorgeous, although if I was gonna buy one it would be black with tinted windows, the only way to make a bug into a guys car IMO :)

On a lower budget I would buy a bug in front of most cars, they are classy and will look good for as long as they run.

See we really need this section guys.

Please :worship:

Aww thankyou :)

And your new car is fab can decide if i like the Astra or Stilo better though :chin:

I noticed yesterday that on another forum they had a section that that was titled :

General Motoring chat and questions

Surely this is not gonna encourage riff raff :confused:

I am already starting to feel out of place on the forum now, a bit of an outcast so to speak. If I wanna talk about anything I just latch onto my thread in members motors, it just don't feel right no more :cry:

C'mon guys is this thread just gonna keep going round in circles or getting fobbed off with comments from Dave :) It'd be good to have an answer one way or the other or at least an indication if it's being discussed :confused:

black_cinq said:
Was that a joke?!

So because you all think my bugs ugly i should pretend i dont own it?

This is EXACTLY what i was talking about :p

There is nothing stopping you from posting about it in the Leisure Lounge. If we had enough posts that it started getting full of other cars then a section might be needed. We don't though which is why we don't currently need a section just for non-fiats.

We need to draw a line somewhere. Many of us own 2 or more cars where some or all of them are not Fiat. If we all posted about them then where does that leave the FIAT part of the forum? :confused:

p.s. the Beetle is ugly... but then so is the Multipla :D

Hellcat said:
There is nothing stopping you from posting about it in the Leisure Lounge. If we had enough posts that it started getting full of other cars then a section might be needed. We don't though which is why we don't currently need a section just for non-fiats.

We need to draw a line somewhere. Many of us own 2 or more cars where some or all of them are not Fiat. If we all posted about them then where does that leave the FIAT part of the forum? :confused:

p.s. the Beetle is ugly... but then so is the Multipla :D
Yeah but you just gave the exact reason why we need one. People don't post in the LL about it because it's not the place to do it.

Loads of forums have a section to discuss other manufacturers. They have pretty much the same rules as the fiat forum about slating each others car makes and people appreciate that. It's a mutual understanding and it encourages a none bias attitude from all members. Surely that has to be good for the forum overall. To show that's it's not going to allow slagging off of peoples cars because the main area is dedicated to one manufacturer. It shows a real maturity in the attitude of the forum.
Without that section it just highlights a community that won't accept outsiders and that's not politically correct :rolleyes:

This forum has been losing members when they change motors is that really what you want, I thought this place prided itself on friendship not just Fiat. Fiat have failed to move it's dealers with the times please don't let that happen to the forum too.

Hellcat said:
You make a fair point. an Ex-Fiat or 'Dark Side' forum might not be too bad. Just as long as anyone posting in their realises they are making themselves a target... Oh and Mondeo's and Micras are banned.
We have a convert :worship:

Seriously though, thanks for listening it's good to know that it didn't fall on deaf ears. (y)

i voted no.....but i can see sense if old members who sold there car or other circumstances where they lost there car and they are or where members of the group they should be entitled to. But if they have neva been part of the forum or dont own a fiat it will ruin it.(n)

Hellcat said:
You make a fair point. an Ex-Fiat or 'Dark Side' forum might not be too bad.

How bout 'Outcasts' :p

I hate this poll, it's got me thinking and the Hampster's wheel is running waaay too fast. Both sides hold a very strong arguement.

Meh, why not, fiat seem to be making cars with almost every make out there

G Spag said:
I hate this poll, it's got me thinking and the Hampster's wheel is running waaay too fast. Both sides hold a very strong arguement
The only way we will ever know if it will work for this forum is to give it a try. If it causes problems I'll be the first person to hold my hands up and say I was wrong. There's no reason it can't be deleted in an instant if it has the wrong effect on this place. Nobody who cares about this forum would complain if it was deleted due to abuse or whatever. :rolleyes:

I really should shut up now before I bore the crap out of everyone even more :D

bored.gif
bored.gif

Back