other members motors

Currently reading:
other members motors

rich hemmings

ok with the other thread going off the rails a a bit , i thought WE should all cast a vote to see how we all feel about having a small section for members to discuss about other cars (they may have or if a friend or member of thier faimly wants soem advice about thier car)

i know this is a fiat forum, but i thhink it is unfair for memebrs who have been loyall to this forum for years, to sell thier car and not been able to find another sutible forum to go onto and discuss problems about their (NEW) car

thanks

rich

PNL said:
No Mark I dont wish to see anyone leave you know now I feel and hope you value my friendship as much as I value yours :) TBO you and many others EG W.R.P have been here a damn site longer than I have as I am a relitive newbie here but I am expressing myself as others are on the Question put forward and I chose Fiat forum for fiats I just hope that this does not cause a rift between people that have been friends for in some cases many years and I hope that people can see my point of view just as I see yours .

Phill (y)
Don't worry about it Phil, I'm only kiddin mate. You are not gonna get rid of me that easily :slayer: I hope to actually meet you and a lot of others from the forum in person one day so I don't intend to go anywhere no matter what the outcome of this poll. I just think the whole concept has to be worth a try.

There will come a day when some really influential members will buy a different make of car and I would like to see something in place that encourages them to stay around no matter how small it is.

I have no problem with people already members having their own little corner but the question I have still is how do you stop others from outside signing on when they realize we have another car section this stops it being the 'ex fiat' which I could support.
Is there away the search bots can be stopped from finding them so they do not appear in search engines, therefore removing the problem of mass migration.(y) I am trying to be helpful and stop the problem of death by creeping suffercation

Steve

KoArAnG said:
There will come a day when some really influential members will buy a different make of car and I would like to see something in place that encourages them to stay around no matter how small it is.
FlyingPig.gif

I don't own a Fiat any more, but that doesn't mean I'd use the new forum to ask technical questions about my ford... people would always use a ford forum for that.

The strength of the new section would be simply people discussing other cars, I mean if someone owns a cinq but wants/needs a second car and wants a mondeo/vectra/octavia/407 type car, you can say "buy a punto" all you like but it's just going to annoy everyone. The fact is that while some Fiat owners are obsessed with them and can't accept that there is competition, often more appealing than buying a Fiat (and that's fine), some (in fact I'd go as far as to say most) Fiat owners don't have that sort of loyalty and, as Fiat owners and loyal members of the forum, might want to ask other people's opinions on another car! We are not on commission from Fiat here, this forum is all about friendly discussion as well as motoring problems so what's the harm.

Loads of forums have a single forum (certainly don't need any more than that) dedicated to other cars, never seen any problems on them.

I've thought about this long and hard and voted no - this is a Fiat forum and should stay that way, we have enough sections as it is without catrering to people's whims. If people own or wish to own or discuss other makes of car, there are dozens of forums out there to cater for them. If anyone is feeling lost, I have posted on dozens for promoting the carshow and have a list of most of them which I am happy to share :)

Helz said:
I've thought about this long and hard and voted no - this is a Fiat forum and should stay that way, we have enough sections as it is without catrering to people's whims. If people own or wish to own or discuss other makes of car, there are dozens of forums out there to cater for them. If anyone is feeling lost, I have posted on dozens for promoting the carshow and have a list of most of them which I am happy to share :)
Yes please Helz, I'd like to share :D

As long as they are as good as the FF :eek:

Im afraid i voted no aswell, just because its a fiat forum and there are plenty of other forums out there that are more persific to other cars! Although i have no grapes with people who dont have fiats posting and chating and can show there motor off in members motors section!

:peace:

Hmm no from me too. I know where you're all coming from but my feeling is that this should stay a FIAT only forum. The potential for arguement is high with people slating others cars. I am though glad that some members are remaining even after leaving the Fiat family however they should keep their non-Fiats to themselves unless they are of interest to the forum, like Koa's new toy. :D

Fiats are always slated on various forums - This is their one place of sanctuary.

I can completely understand where all of you are coming from, I see it from both sides. I think if was going to be a Fiat owner for the foreseeable future then I would be pretty much on the fence with this one. :chin:

Either way, as I have already said, I'll still be around here making a nuisance of myself and showing off my motor, not because I want to make anyone jealous but because I know people here have a true appreciation for cars and have a good sense of humour...

Except Dave of course :D

KoArAnG said:
I can completely understand where all of you are coming from, I see it from both sides. I think if was going to be a Fiat owner for the foreseeable future then I would be pretty much on the fence with this one. :chin:

Either way, as I have already said, I'll still be around here making a nuisance of myself and showing off my motor, not because I want to make anyone jealous but because I know people here have a true appreciation for cars and have a good sense of humour...

Except Dave of course :D

All the more reason why Dave should become fuzzy :D because to be an owner of a beard you need a sense of humour :p :D

I dont know where all this slating other people's cars idea came from! How many regular users on here would act like that?

The way I see it (and saw it when I started mentioning a non-fiat section :p) is that it would be a place to discuss other cars, not just to show off non Fiats. For example a new.....Audi or whatever comes out, everyone can have a chat about it in a separate section to the LL. Same applies if someone has a problem with a non Fiat.

Hellcat said:
I am though glad that some members are remaining even after leaving the Fiat family however they should keep their non-Fiats to themselves unless they are of interest to the forum, like Koa's new toy. :D

Was that a joke?!

So because you all think my bugs ugly i should pretend i dont own it?

This is EXACTLY what i was talking about :p

Back