Original XBOX mods?

Currently reading:
Original XBOX mods?

vtec

Misseys Stalker!
ive heard a lot about people modding the original xbox but was wondering what exactly is available and what are the pros and cons of modding mine?
also will it affect the console running some games etc. i have the joytech screen on mine and im just wondering if that will still work through the AV socket on the console?
and whats all this mediacentre stuff people talk about on the original xbox?.,
cheers,.,(y)

Custard is the man for this ;)

He sorted out mine - a crystal Xbox, modded with LEDs, added a 200GB harddrive [I think], plus Executer3 Chip and control panel :slayer: Basically, a hardware mod - although software modding is available.

As for media - you need to really see XBox Media Centre in action :D

lol., thats wht i mean., its all word to me and i dont know what the media thing is all about.
im not bothered by the leds and all that, i could do that no probs.,
with the 200GB HD can you pit pics, vids and music and all that stuff on it?,

my xbox is plugged in to my router. it can browse me computer, meaning i can watch films and downloaded tv eps etc on the telly instead of wathcing them on the PC. which is handy.

but yeah, does video/music/pictures :)

you can have a chip(hard mod) or a an exploit(softmod)
all the chip does is allow the use of a modified bios on boot,this removes M$ restrictions on what software runs.
then you put software like XBMC and the like on the xbox hard drive.
softmods run exploits in the xbox dash files allowing it to boot to a hacked dash.
both soft and hard mods can do the same things however if a softmod goes wrong it can be a bit of a PITA
hard drive upgrades are easier on chips over softmods.

at its most basic level a chipped/softmodded box will play copy games without doing anything else. however your losing out on loads without the likes of XBMC

Hmmm, something to think about., it sounds good, im gonna have a look into this now., my xbox hasnt even been turned on sice i got the 360.,lol

Back