Orange vs Red??

Currently reading:
Orange vs Red??

What colour GP

• Total voters
I think Orange looks really good.....very daring and very in fashion at the moment.....which means it will be out of fashion in a couple of years....but who cares.....it's all about having fun.
I've never thought Red was so great - it's not the best shade and makes the car look slightly trashy and cheap.
Colours area a VERY subjective thing.

Last edited:
I think the Orange is great, and I've only seen another two in Orange since I've had my GPS, so it's still a bit of a rarity.

If you're the shy and retiring type, it's not for you, it gets a lot of heads turning, and I've had a few people stop me in car parks to talk about it.

We'd be saying the same thing about Broom Yellow if this was the 90's... I had a Yellow Cinq Sporting back then and got the same reactions.

my orange one stands out alot, you turn alot of heads in them

I was in the market for a New Orleans one but the spec and price of this one was too tempting, i was worried about having such a distinctive car but hey life is for living not worrying

new_image.jpg

this prob should have been a poll

I wasn't sure on how to do it but i agree. A poll would have been nice.

I'm completely stumped on the colour, i keep changing my mind!!

if u get it in orange then everyone knows its a sporting as its an exclusive colour.
unfortunately most of the time i miss the sportings as they are not that differant then actives to look at.

What do you mean if its orange everyone will know its a sporting, When i was sorting out my GP the dealer asked which colour i wanted and showed me the full list only diff is the more rarer colours like Orange for instance cost more & i wouldve had to wait a longer time for delivery

Last edited:
You cant get orange in any of the other models other than a sporting.

Back to topic i say go for orange, it wont go out of fashion orange cars have been around for years, its just its only recently its become popular
:yeahthat:
Agreed with matt - Orange has been round for some time and usaully used on unique models...

Sure red is hot n u cant go wrong with it but it just so norm...if u wanna stand out and be unique then definately go for orange.

Well all along i've sort of been swaying to the red.... but now, as a general consensus on this forum you lot are begginning to change my mind.

It really is the ideal car for me. I can afford it, its economical, i can afford the insurance and it aint slow, but with me going for 5 years as this is the only way i can afford it, is Orange really the way to go?

Once i can persuade myself that i will cope with the colour for 5 years i'll be happy to go and buy one. Its my only stumbling block stopping me from getting one.... the colour??!

:bang:

Surely just because your finance runs for 5 years you dont have to keep it for 5 years........my finance is 5 years but i sure as hell wont be keeping it that long

What are you gonna do then, i'm new to the car finance malarky....

How long will you keep your car for a what about the outstanding finance??

I'll keep if for as long as it keeps me amused, you pay the outstanding finance off with the money you get for the car when you sell or part ex it for the next car, depending on how much the car is worth and how much you've got left outstanding will determin whether you break even, have money to add to the new car or in the worst case have to pay extra to settle the finance

Ah Right.

So is anyone thinking of selling their GPS 1.9 in the next 2-3 months??

ORANGE! my dad begged me if he could get the same car as me including colour and i said no... so he got the 1.4 sporting in red instead as SECOND choice :p

Back