Only Stwpd Cowz Txt N Drive

Currently reading:
Only Stwpd Cowz Txt N Drive

I keep mine switch off ..if i need to use it I just pull over in a safe position switch off the engine and remove the keys..

Another point is why cant they now make all new phones so they are unable to get a signal inthe car..:confused:

Firstly it'd probably be easier to make put shielding in cars to stop the signals rather than stopping it at the phone.

Secondly, there are problems with that. What if you roll your car and are trapped but can't call for help because the phone doesn't work in the car?

It's better to just increase policing of it and make example of those who they catch, sorry to those on here who would be caught but seriously it's not good for your overall health.

On a side note, they should also ban smoking while driving because it a) looks trashy, and b) can be distracting - lighting up, smoking, emphysema coughing, putting it out, flicking ashes off... all that jazz.

No its not. Idiots programming them on the move are a problem.

Sat nav is a problem. I was caught behind someone the other night doing 20mph in a 40 stretch. Indicator on, slows down more, decides not to turn, indicator off, back up to half the speed limit. After doing this same routine another 2 or 3 times, I said to myself "I bet they are following (or trying to) a sat nav".

After the xth time of trying to find their right turn, they eventually go round it and what do I see slapped right in the middle of the windscreen? A big bright sat nat. Now yes, it could be the fact that this person was a complete moron, but some of these units are also quite difficult to read too. Coupling the two together = big accident.

Firstly it'd probably be easier to make put shielding in cars to stop the signals rather than stopping it at the phone.

Secondly, there are problems with that. What if you roll your car and are trapped but can't call for help because the phone doesn't work in the car?

It's better to just increase policing of it and make example of those who they catch, sorry to those on here who would be caught but seriously it's not good for your overall health.

On a side note, they should also ban smoking while driving because it a) looks trashy, and b) can be distracting - lighting up, smoking, emphysema coughing, putting it out, flicking ashes off... all that jazz.

Exactly just like drink driving was back in the 70's and 80's. It's took at least 10-20yrs for it become as socially unacceptable as it is now.

And I agree on the smoking front. Only accident I've ever been in (as a passenger) was when the driver was smoking :bang:. Went to flick it out the window it missed went into his crotch and boom as he was frantically trying to stop his ***** from igniting we hit a crossing island and the car spun took out a fence and almost a BT Phone box :rolleyes:.

Also shielding for Phone signal would probably stop sat nav's working.

Sat nav is a problem. I was caught behind someone the other night doing 20mph in a 40 stretch. Indicator on, slows down more, decides not to turn, indicator off, back up to half the speed limit. After doing this same routine another 2 or 3 times, I said to myself "I bet they are following (or trying to) a sat nav".

After the xth time of trying to find their right turn, they eventually go round it and what do I see slapped right in the middle of the windscreen? A big bright sat nat. Now yes, it could be the fact that this person was a complete moron, but some of these units are also quite difficult to read too. Coupling the two together = big accident.

I just don't agree yes you do get them idiots but that is purely down to them not the SatNav. There is a way to use them properly and safe which is how I use mine.

If you have a problem using it you shouldn't use it. Most decent ones dim and go into 'night' mode once its dark which aren't any brighter than the dash clocks / Stereo.

Exactly just like drink driving was back in the 70's and 80's. It's took at least 10-20yrs for it become as socially unacceptable as it is now.

And I agree on the smoking front. Only accident I've ever been in (as a passenger) was when the driver was smoking :bang:. Went to flick it out the window it missed went into his crotch and boom as he was frantically trying to stop his ***** from igniting we hit a crossing island and the car spun took out a fence and almost a BT Phone box :rolleyes:.

Also shielding for Phone signal would probably stop sat nav's working.

Unfortunately smoking could be quite hard to stop in cars since it's still reasonably socially acceptable to light up. It'd take a fair amount of money to research the effects of smoking on driving ability I'd say.

Smoking has stopped in a number of vehicles over here. Well it should have anyway - Taxis, lorries, company cars, etc. It being illegal to smoke in a public place covers them.

These people are morons anyway and would be doing exactly the same as if they dont have a sat nav. Its no different to trying to navigate and look at every street sign in an area that you dont know.

I hope people off the forum are smart enough to know not to.
I admit the temptation to take a phone call did come yesterday so was the temptation to pull over instead I left it.

I have taken the phone out of my pocket and passed it over to the people i admit.
Is it equally as wrong to quickly answer, press loud speaker and leave phone on lap and talk? All of which watching the road but taking a hand off wheel?

These people are morons anyway and would be doing exactly the same as if they dont have a sat nav. Its no different to trying to navigate and look at every street sign in an area that you dont know.

This is of course true, some people are just prone to being morons in the first place.

Whenever I use satnav I always look it up quickly in the street directory so I have a general idea of where abouts my destination is.

Is it equally as wrong to quickly answer, press loud speaker and leave phone on lap and talk? All of which watching the road but taking a hand off wheel?

Yes because it is still equally as distracting, if only slightly less.

It's not having the phone to your ear that is distracting, it is sustaining a conversation. That takes a lot of concentration to keep up with what someone is saying and suddenly you're paying 50% less attention to the road (I figure its 50% as the two are almost equally as brain-power consuming).

Yes because it is still equally as distracting, if only slightly less.

It's not having the phone to your ear that is distracting, it is sustaining a conversation. That takes a lot of concentration to keep up with what someone is saying and suddenly you're paying 50% less attention to the road (I figure its 50% as the two are almost equally as brain-power consuming).
Interesting.

What about the whole deal with hands free inbuilt cars and that? Like Blue and Me.

Still illegal to use? or is it all contraversial?

Interesting.

What about the whole deal with hands free inbuilt cars and that? Like Blue and Me.

It's still legal in part due to the fact that it is better to let people have some freedom in what they do otherwise the problem gets worse (i.e. ban something it just ends up on the black market screwing up the economy). I'll admit it is slightly better than holding the phone to the ear, you can still have both hands on the steering wheel which is what they try to impress on us here.

Interesting.

Its legal still, but can be just as bad, if you are talking to someone on the phone its harder to pay attention to whats happening infront of you (walked into things while on the phone before?).

I think there was a report a while ago showing the dangers, because of it anyone who drives the minibus at the restpite home isn't allowed to use hands-free.

Police snipers on the motorway bypasses shooting anyone txting would be my preferred method.

:ROFLMAO:

Big image of massive pile up where texter has been shot and swerved into other cars :p (n)

Most cars can house 1 driver and 3/4 passengers.

So why shouldn't passengers be allowed to use their phones in other people's cars?

Legal, but you will be done if involved in an accident apparently.

but Daz is pan frying a meal whilst driving ;)

Can do a good fry up on the rocker cover with engine sitting at about 4500-5000rpm on most FIRE engines (y) :p

satnav is another problem
This seems to be a problem on the M60 clockwise at the exit for the M56. Until about 6 months ago, trucks were always in the left hand lane well before the exit. Recently they seem to be moving over with about 100 yards to go.

Back