General on my way to work this morning and....

Currently reading:
General on my way to work this morning and....

Wow that looks like it could have been real nasty - great thinking getting it in reverse and backing off (y)

Glad to see you came out of it unscathed and let's hope you get a shiny new one with little fuss.

Unlucky, well lucky too I guess. Are you still in your first six months, should be easy to get them to swap it for a new one if so, these things are so cheap to buy that must be more than 50% to repair.

bloody hell looks like you had a lucky escape.....

glad your ok

hopefully the chap will get what should be coming to him or maybe the police will let him go on a driving course to avoid a dangerous driving charge which IMO is a p155 take for the third parties that he gets involved in his own stupidity..

Very lucky escape. Not just luck though. Quick wittedness on your part. Well done.

I hope they write it off; wouldn't want it back really!

Had my neck broken once when a lorry with a sleeping driver careered into us. We missed the lorry, but were doing 100mph...Abroad. Spun a lot and ended sliding over rocks on the roof. Good job for seat belts. Six months off work that was(y) :yuck: .

A very close call mate, someone is looking out for you.
I think you will be waiting for a new car soon enough.

Well, posts on this site have been getting a bit dull lately, so this has really made a difference! Scares me the extent the Pug driver went to in order to liven up the site, however. I'm sure you will have that car written off, make sure you receive a courtesy car at other driver's expense until your new one arrives. Glad to see you already have a solicitor involved. Can't understand why your insurer is being awkward.
Could I suggest a trip to your GP to have any aches and pains documented, then if any insurer starts to get awkward you should mutter words like "whiplash", "need for several months off work", etc.
Get well soon, I mean the Panda, as well as you.

Well, posts on this site have been getting a bit dull lately, so this has really made a difference! Scares me the extent the Pug driver went to in order to liven up the site

"Thank you Doctor" Hey....if site has been a bit dull lately have you thought of posting some more interesting threads yourself then?:p You know I'm just joshing with ya.:D

Oh and James......now I come to think of it. I trust this isn't part of some fiendish suicidal plot on your part to get out of coming to the much fabled 100HP Owners meet?;) A simple "I think it's going to rain that weekend" or "I'm washing my hair that day" will suffice.

Hope you get back on the road soon mate - in whatever courtesy car they offer you - hope it's a Pug so you can thrash the ar*e off it.:devil:

Hopefully I'll have another by the time the meet arrives, think I'm giving the fiat meet in stoke on trent this weekend a miss, although I have been offered a lift (thanks kritip).
just waiting for the ball to start rolling now *sigh* ......

Hey sorry to hear about this james, looks rather nasty least your ok.
Lets hope for a quick turn around from the insurance company so your back on the roads with a 100hp soon

OZ

just to update panda's a write off got a hire car tommorrow morning, hopefully having another panda just gotta talk to the solicitor about the amount of money I've lost on the car through the other guy so hopefully get money recovered

Excellent news that the car has been written off...

You'll be able to get down to the dealer and order up a nice shiny new one again! :D

Wow that was real quick thinking putting it in reverse,I'm not sure I would've have done it (just shut my eyes and hope probably:) ).Glad that it's a write off,wouldn't want something in that state repaired.Make sure the new one has an MP3 head unit:D

Glad to hear you got out of this one without any damage, and don't need anything more than your reeboks to get to the garage to order replacement. It's a testament to the strength of the body shell, and puts my mind at rest about driving a Panda MJ. After checking my pulse his would have been next to ensure it stopped, as inconsiderate s**m like the PUG driver should be banned from the road at birth. He obviously hasn't heard of track days to practice his poor high speed handling.

Get well soon.

inconsiderate s**m like the PUG driver should be banned from the road at birth

Speaking as a former Peugeot driver, I'd happily see Peugeot's entire current crop banned from the road; fugly ain't the word! They had Pininfarina design some of the best looking family cars on the road (205 & 405) then they thought "hey we can do that". Ye, right.

Exhibit No1: the face lifted 307: as Captain Blackadder once said "Still a striking resemblance to guppy fish at feeding time".

Exhibit No2: the 407SW; WTF? Words can't express my contempt...

Exhibit No3: the new 207; who ground off the excess from the wheel arches, and how small is that bonnet?

Most of all - of course - they may have brought a premature end to the life of James's 100HP... Unforgivable.

Back