General on my own

Currently reading:
General on my own

Well, the Fiorino is a dying species I guess....
Not much going on, since European Fiat importers stopped importing it from Brazil, back in 2000-2001.
The rare Pick-Up versions are slowly becoming classics, and the Van is almost gone everywhere after a probably harsh life...
(And for the new version....it's just....new).

so.........why can't i ask fiorino based post's on the the qubo section?
they are in effect the same thing......... aren't they?
The doblo for eg is catered for, you post on the mpv model and it appears on the van as well.
The link says it all.......But others see other wise
Luigi

Last edited:
Luigi I think you just got yourself a friend...

As per the signature I'm about to order a Fiorino 95 SX when I can get all the spec I would like.

That will include some gear from the Qubo I hope. I don't see why a van should be starved of handy stuff like a trip computer etc. so I have requested that to be fitted IF humanly possible (which it must be).

Pete, why do you say the van is so rare? I see dozens out on the road every day (as Citroen's and Peugeot too) Very popular!

I need a small but very economical vehicle for commuting and also with a good drive height for comfort as I'll be in it a lot during a day, This genre has the lot plus the Fiat version has the edge on the other two based on many reviews and watching the infamous 'Moose Test' video

I can think of a lot of questions to ask but I'll see what the potential supplier comes up with before I go much further.

Paul

Last edited:
Last edited:
Stu demonD.......debate on fiorino v qubo having nothing in common
Luigi
I didn't tell you off, please get your facts straight :rolleyes:

I moved a post I saw in the Qubo section to the Fiorino section because you owned a Fiorino - I had no idea what version you owned AT THAT TIME!!

At what stage, and can you quote me, where I said that they 'had nothing in common?' :chin:

It then came to light that the Mk3 Fiorino is the same as the new Qubo, so a site suggestion was made AT THAT TIME to deal with the situation. Admin has been busy for the past month, due to personal issues, but this is hopefully going to be looked into so that the forums are somehow linked or merged.

I have only tried to be helpful but I really don't know why I am even bothering anymore, I am trying to get this issue resolved - but only ben can rename or tidy up the model sections.

Ah well :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Welcome Red Van Man:worship:(y):D
Nice to have someone to have in common!
If you look at my pics you can see what is possible,i to have fully loaded van with all the toys..........trip computer is standard by the way.
The fiorino is as you say has a better spec than the french versions,and in my view a better engine.
i have the 75 jtd engine in mine but has got a tuning chip mod......no it fly's along.
Qubo upgrades are the way to go, but also look at the fiorino adventure,it's the beefed up van with a higher ride height' traction control and bigger side rubbing strips,front ali skid pan that raps up the front bumper....can be bought separately from a fiat dealer.
love to have you input of my van when you see it, love to see you van when you get it.
Luigi(y)

Welcome Red Van Man:worship:(y):D
Nice to have someone to have in common!
If you look at my pics you can see what is possible,i to have fully loaded van with all the toys..........trip computer is standard by the way.
The fiorino is as you say has a better spec than the french versions,and in my view a better engine.
i have the 75 jtd engine in mine but has got a tuning chip mod......no it fly's along.
Qubo upgrades are the way to go, but also look at the fiorino adventure,it's the beefed up van with a higher ride height' traction control and bigger side rubbing strips,front ali skid pan that raps up the front bumper....can be bought separately from a fiat dealer.
love to have you input of my van when you see it, love to see you van when you get it.
Luigi(y)

Thanks Luigi,

I didn't notice the trip computer mentioned in the brochure - must look again (pics too) The Adventure 'only' seems to gain the traction control (as a main feature) - at a price (£630) plus reviews say the beefed-up ride makes it less comfy on longer runs which I'll be doing.
Annoyingly I've had to specify ESP as a £400 extra even though it's standard on the Qubo along with two other things. In a Wiki article I read (never to be trusted) it says that ESP is a Euro directive, to be fitted to all new vehicles from sometime in 2012, yet on vans it's extra. Where's the sense there?

If you point me to your pix I'll have a look and when I get my new toy I'll post some too.

Paul

PS - looking forward to a "Fiorino new shape" (2008- ?) forum if this one is for the old box-on-wheels type..

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMGP0550.JPG
    IMGP0550.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 32
  • IMGP0552.JPG
    IMGP0552.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 25
  • IMGP0556.JPG
    IMGP0556.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 25
  • IMGP0557.JPG