Technical On Line Parts Websites trusted vs fake

Currently reading:
Technical On Line Parts Websites trusted vs fake

koalar

Distinguished member
just put in some part numbers into Google search such as 51747227

Some of the hits are from websites I have not heard of before

At least two do not look legitimate to me

First off they are sell the above part at around £20 new ?

Second if I look up their domain name I can't find anything about them older than a month

I might be wrong but I wouldn't risk buying from them. I have seen this before where a large site selling everything is cloned but never sites that only sell car parts.

We know plenty of trusted sites for common parts. We could do with a list of companies to avoid

Almost certainly a scam website. Only appeared/registered the domain in March and didn’t exist prior to that. Some very dodgy looking logos for payment companies and non of the social media links seem to work

there at least three, car parts only websites where the domain name is recent and all three using uncommon part numbers that have been superseded a long time ago.

I would hazard a guess someone has downloaded a complete CMS website from around 2003 and just changing the style sheets. Even the prices are right for around that time

what happened to eBay

take the angle / torque sensor

eBay use to be full of them at £40. When I looked a few years ago

Now there only a few and most are now £150 ish. You can still get them for well under £40 elsewhere and much less if you order in quantity.

what happened to eBay

take the angle / torque sensor

eBay use to be full of them at £40. When I looked a few years ago

Now there only a few and most are now £150 ish. You can still get them for well under £40 elsewhere and much less if you order in quantity.

Supply and demand, these days a lot of the older mk2 puntos that especially had multiple steering faults, are now dead and scrapped, newer cars still fail but not as much and the prices of old Fiat’s are rock bottom so people will just scrap them. As a result people don’t see the profit in advertising on eBay. Also these days you can get the same stuff from Ali express far cheaper than eBay as long as you’re prepared to wait a little longer

Back