Technical Omega rear suspension/axle?

Currently reading:
Technical Omega rear suspension/axle?

Was hoping my 93 Fizz was nearly ready to actually use.....jobs so far including welding, lots of minor fettling, leaking radiator,washer bottle, washer tubes (3 places), oil, timing belt, tyres, drive shaft gaiter & much rust treating etc (thanks to Allen for bits & advice along the way).....& this all on a nice looking, low mileage car with long MOT.....but now find that the bottom cup for the rear spring -part of the rear omega axle - has rusted through (as have the metal washers which go on top of the spring below the rubber). So I need a new axle.
There is a new one on eBay & I thought 'every cloud' but that one seems to be only for a Panda van (box?) & it comes up as incompatible.....also a used one which maybe OK but looks a lot used! Anyone know if the van one can be used on a standard 2WD 141A and anyone advise me where I could source the large metal washers for the spring tops? Has anyone got these parts surplus (just in case).
I can't see that anyone does repair kits for the axle so its a replacement unless I'm missing something obvious? Thanks as ever & hope I've posted this right....... it's easier reading everyone's posts than actually composing one.

Hi,
Common issue, normally can be welded if you can get decent weld there.
Van will fit with no problems, rubber rings and top caps are available of ebay.it .

Excellent, thanks...... don't think it's possible to get a decent welding job done, will have a nother good look. Since my post & despite an earlier reply saying nobody was there for a couple of weeks Part world have got back to me to say exactlythe same.....the van axle will fit.....so many thanks for that & for advice on the washers... I reckoned I would struggle there!

I'll have a bash in the next few days.....just tried & with my computer skills I think it may be quicker doing a sketch & sending it by carrier pigeon. Sorry to say I haven't kept a record of stuff that's been done - apart from some pictures of the drive through the car floor...will give it a go ASAP:)

I don't tend to bother with the gallery. I just press the add attachments button. Brings up a new little tab, you choose the images you want to upload, press upload, and then when you post, it'll add it to the bottom of your post for people to click on. Nice and easy!

Sorry, can't help with your axle problem as I'm no expert, but I couldn't help but hear you have a 1993 Fizz! I have a 1993 Fizz as well. What colour is yours?

it should be a simple enough to remove the axle, repair off the car or replace. Either way do a thorough derust and paint job.

It's a metallic green - have now posted a couple of pics (which may be upside down for some reason) ...got touch up spray cans from car spares shop but they were a hopeless match - one of my neighbours got some paint made up from the code on the tailgate - from Luxembourg..together with clearcoat & that seems a really good match

It's a metallic green - have now posted a couple of pics (which may be upside down for some reason) ...got touch up spray cans from car spares shop but they were a hopeless match - one of my neighbours got some paint made up from the code on the tailgate - from Luxembourg..together with clearcoat & that seems a really good match
Just seen the thread, very nice! Touch up paint can be a hard one, I'm struggling to find any for mine. Not sure if I'll try and get some rosso corsa red 140 paint or if I'll go to a company and get it privately matched. That's the problem with the older cars, harder to match after it's been through the sun a good few times! Not sure where I'll get the paint yet, I definitely need some at some point... Might have to look into Luxembourg eh? :p

Back