Olympian Group In Receivership

Currently reading:
Olympian Group In Receivership

They have bought the Group and therefore take all the franchises.

Yes, I have kept my job at the moment as they have to take the staff. :)

Yes, I am at work now ;)

Southcoaster said:
They have bought the Group and therefore take all the franchises.

Yes, I have kept my job at the moment as they have to take the staff. :)

Yes, I am at work now ;)

Good stuff. You must be relieved.

Do you know if Westover are honouring deposits on orders taken, given that Olympian are no more. I am guessing that contracts customers have with Olympian to deliver goods must be useless, given they are now defunct.

I have just heard that Cars ordered with Olympian will not be delivered under those contracts. I am going to receive a letter to that effect.

So it will be a case of liaising with the receivers/credit card companies in order to (attempt to) recover deposits.

Not really surprising. Why would Westover take on Olympians financial liabilities.

It may well be that you will be able to complete the deals under Westover's management? But I don't know if you'd have to re-pay the deposit once the car is built (because the cars will get built anyway if the order reaches the factory) because obviously Westover won't have had the deposit money.

I guess Westover can't really take the deposits money yet not take any of the financial liabilities that Olympian must have?

I am making this up from what I've been told, so I could be getting the wrong end of the stick.

If anyone knows definitively then post away

Im glad that someone has at least bought the franchise as I dont like to see people out of a job. Westover do have previous Fiat experience as they used to have the Fiat franchise in Bournemouth, however they dropped it a few years back, so not sure why they want it again? Hopefully Westover wont employ the top managers from Olympian and will drastically improve the Fiat image here, i.e. give them a proper showroom at New Milton and Bournemouth. Im sure the customers in Salisbury who saw their long established Goddards dealer sold to Olympian will be glad of the change.
Good riddance to Olympian... all the best to Westover, I can say that the Westover groups Nissan/Toyota and Skoda dealers have very good reputations. I have used Nissans service which was superb, use Toyotas parts who really know their older cars well and have a mate at work who loves their skoda dealer.
As for your deal, buy your Panda from AHF in Southampton or wait and see what Westover do... you still have Westovers service centre who are Fiat approved, so youll be OK for warranty work locally. Dont buy a Yaris!

I despised that Olympian lot, when I lived in Bournemouth they told me point blank that Lancia and Fiat were different companies so they could not order parts for me, even though I pointed out that Fiat Uk had taken to advertising in the back of “Viva Lancia” the Lancia Motor Club magazine informing readers that all Lancia parts and merchandise can be ordered through your local Fiat dealer. I asked them to go get any part they cared from there parts department and see if the packaging said Fiat/Lancia on it, they refused and practically tried to throw me out the place.

So even though Westover did not deal in Fiat any more at that time, they did Alfa, and even though Alfa is a separate company running its own accounts but under the Fiat umbrella, they got me the parts I needed, very friendly bunch and much better to deal with than the obnoxious, unhelpful bunch at Olympian.

I just hope all those that are owed money get it back or something can be worked out with Westover and Fiat UK to honour ordered placed.

Aaron.

Sounds like this might actually be a blessing in disguise then? Apart from slowv6's £500 deposit :(
H

There is a letter in our local paper today, a woman ordered a 2000 mile ex demo renault from these dicks, and she got a 13000 mile ex rental car! Apparently the managing director wouldnt answer her letters (been there!) and now they have gone under she is stuffed! Spoke to a Westover guy this afternoon, apparently Olympian have been in trouble for some time and most of the trade have known about it for ages! So cant see that non of the staff saw this coming, especially after Olympian axed 50 staff recently to cut costs! The westover guy really doesnt know if they will keep Fiat though, as they dumped the franchise before because it wasnt profitable enough.... the sad thing is that once again Bournemouth is dealerless, as is Salisbury. Thing is they are still advertising deals outside the dealers, why if they cant do them? Good bloody riddance to them, its taken 16 years though!!!

hmallett said:
Sounds like this might actually be a blessing in disguise then? Apart from slowv6's £500 deposit :(
H

Fiat UK are sending me a cheque for £500. :D

They offered me the opportunity to stick with the deal or have my money back. I took my money. Think I'll wait for the dust to settle. Please the people have go to keep their jobs. The chap I dealt with was called Brett and he was great all the way. Just a bit too much of a risk in my eyes to stick with the deal through the transition period.

I am driving the Yaris D4D on Saturday (from Westover) and then a Primera 2.2DCi on Monday(03 reg £4418 company car)

I'll be in touch

nuovapanda said:
There is a letter in our local paper today, a woman ordered a 2000 mile ex demo renault from these dicks, and she got a 13000 mile ex rental car! Apparently the managing director wouldnt answer her letters (been there!) and now they have gone under she is stuffed! Spoke to a Westover guy this afternoon, apparently Olympian have been in trouble for some time and most of the trade have known about it for ages! So cant see that non of the staff saw this coming, especially after Olympian axed 50 staff recently to cut costs! The westover guy really doesnt know if they will keep Fiat though, as they dumped the franchise before because it wasnt profitable enough.... the sad thing is that once again Bournemouth is dealerless, as is Salisbury. Thing is they are still advertising deals outside the dealers, why if they cant do them? Good bloody riddance to them, its taken 16 years though!!!

Bournemouth, Salisbury and New Milton are not dealerless because they are all Westover Fiat and can trade as such. The ordering line for new cars will be open on Monday. Deals are being advertised - because they can be done :confused:

Westover intend to keep Fiat at present beacuse there is good product just round the corner. (y)

I wish you well under your new bosses, really I do... just dont take any Olympian experience with you! Tell you what though, westover wont keep anyone on who doesnt know or do their job properly! Will Fiat now get real showrooms in new milton and bournemouth instead of a shed? I know for ages you have been laughed at by westover at toyota and nissan for the poor shape of the showrooms at bournemouth... anyone who doesnt know them would be shocked at the run down appearance of Olympian premises, its so obvious that either the directors were very tight or in the poo! Anyway, so glad its all ended and I will leave it at that, again, good luck southcoaster.
BTW, are you testing a new Yaris or the old model, and please dont bother with the Primera... the old real nissan one is far better all round than the current Renault inspired thing.

Staff are the last to know I can assure you..managers meantime creep off to another job....deserting the sinking ship! Rumours fly around the workshop (as always) but what happened to me was we were told everything is OK & not to worry....next morning! we were told we were getting taken over & we all had to be interviewed to basically save our jobs!

Back