Olympian Group In Receivership

Currently reading:
Olympian Group In Receivership

slowv6

This (much derided) group have just gone into receivership. The whole group, not just the Fiat bit. Affects several garages in Bournemouth, Salisbury and Dorchester(??) I think. Receivers are trying to find a buyer, but I am not sure the buyer wants the Fiat part, just the Renault.

Looks like my Panda multijet won't be appearing then! Glad I paid the £500 deposit on credit card. Hope I can get it back. Not impressed with the salesman, who must obviously have known the situation 2 wks ago. Git.

NuovaPanda or whatever his name is was right all along!

hmallett

Mr Pedantic
:eek: That's not good news. Doesn't look like you'll get your car, but hopefully you should get your deposit back.
H

OP
OP
S

slowv6

hmallett said:
:eek: That's not good news. Doesn't look like you'll get your car, but hopefully you should get your deposit back.
H

Assuming they stay in receivership, how long might it take for the credit card company to pay out. They said I have to send the receipt, sales order and covering letter and they'll investigate?

I am going to look at a Yaris D4D this weekend instead.

T14086

Forum Moderator
S*it,hope you get it sorted mate,good you paid by credit card though as always good having them on yourside;)
No consolation but maybe the salesman involved didn't know,three in my career I have only found about the business folding/new ownerships on that very day!
Where is your panda now...in the garage?

hmallett

Mr Pedantic
sammiboo said:
Dont let them put you off buying a panda.... they are great little cars
Yup, I drove the Coupe to work today (was late!). It made me realise that the Panda is a much better city car! :)
H

hmallett said:
Yup, I drove the Coupe to work today (was late!). It made me realise that the Panda is a much better city car! :)
H

I havent driven your panda since the test drive :(

back on topic

Did you have a test drive of the multijet panda... I would still consider doing more searching for one.

OP
OP
S

slowv6

fixitagaintomorrow said:
You did get the paperwork from them, didn't you?

Yep - have a sales order and a receipt for the £500 deposit.

The prob with buying another Panda is I don't really want to buy a car without any local dealers around to service/warranty them. I will send off the letter to Mastercard tomorrow.

I have my eye on a 5dr Yaris D4D at the local Toyota dealer (opposite Olympian actually!) which is similar to the multijet and has a slidy rear seat on all models! If I could get a Panda locally, with the options and without having to wait ages I would. But I can't

sounds about right, last thing management do is let the workers know what the score is, not that something similair hasnt happened to me twice.......

OP
OP
S

slowv6

Southcoaster said:
I can assure you we didn't know :mad:

Bad luck. Have you heard from the receivers what's going to happen yet?

Still want my £500 back tho'