Old Rover Plant

Currently reading:
Old Rover Plant

Breaking and entering is a criminal offence though, which is why it's very important on how you do it, even being a civil offence however you have to be careful, can still mean you end up in court.

who said anything about breaking and entering?

and re the link you posted (http://www.freebeagles.org/articles/Legal_Booklet_4/lb4-21.html)

and its very simple, if you meet a security guard, or someone like that and they asked you to leave, you do. and you be polite to them - as you shouldn't be there. but you don't go smashing into places, breaking stuff, mouthing off, or nicking stuff - nice to see this thread has missed the point of urbexing!

session 9, good film. first time i watched it, thought it was crap. but i put that down to not really paying attention to the film, drinking and chatting instead.

watched it properly, and like it.

do i need a cushion to hide behind?

or just tom and a bottle of winr?

who said anything about breaking and entering?

and re the link you posted (http://www.freebeagles.org/articles/Legal_Booklet_4/lb4-21.html)

and its very simple, if you meet a security guard, or someone like that and they asked you to leave, you do. and you be polite to them - as you shouldn't be there. but you don't go smashing into places, breaking stuff, mouthing off, or nicking stuff - nice to see this thread has missed the point of urbexing!

Read my post again Arc, the bit that says "which is why it's very important on how you do it..."

i know, but then the link you posted doesn't really sum anything up. It waffles on about gaining entry to somewhere and messing about with stuff really. Its an animal activist targetted page.

Anyone who tries to bring about change for the better is going to come into contact with the law. This is inevitable, but it is nothing to be intimidated by.

crap like that. aimed at people who liked to break into places and free dogs or you know, maybe dig up graves and steal peoples remains because they dont like the business that people run.

so it sums nothing up, because if you look into urban exploration there is no breaking in, there is crimial damgage, no vandalism etc.

do i need a cushion to hide behind?

or just tom and a bottle of winr?

theres no massive jumpy bits that i remember, it just freaks you out if you sit and watch it properly. so you should be ok wit tom and bottle of winr :p

All in good time...after all one day we will be inside a morgue!

Suppose there is a morbid fasination,but the stories he has told me of dead kids 'on the block' etc I just cant handle...it still affects him and he left there 20 years ago!

I dont think i've got a morbid fascination, having worked in the health profession as a medical sec for 20 years in differing fields find things like that interesting.

Wanted to be PA for a forensic pathologist at one point :cool:

I dont think i've got a morbid fascination, having worked in the health profession as a medical sec for 20 years in differing fields find things like that interesting.

Wanted to be PA for a forensic pathologist at one point :cool:

I ment in general we all have a 'morbid facination' to a extent,not a job for me but someone has to do it I guess & good luck to them.My wife watches all those CSI,crime scene,bones etc type progs as she finds them interesting (works in medical field aswell)........i'll stick to FF :)

nov/dec. are you sure the car plant has been levelled? cant find solid info but on wiki;

Locals and the many enthusiasts of the Rover and MG brands hope for the possibility that volume production will restart at Longbridge and an exciting future for the factory and its workers will lie ahead. Chinese automobile corporation Nanjing bought MG Rover three months after it went into receivership and is expected to restart MG ZT and MG TF production in early 2007.

Nanjing also have plans to launch three new car ranges towards the end of 2008 which will be produced at Longbridge and possibly in China; these cars are likely to be badged as MGs and even as Austins - reviving a historic marque which was discontinued almost 20 years ago

Wow, great find!! (y)

Legal issues aside, I really like this idea of "urbexing", so long as no damage or theft goes on it seems pretty harmless. Tempted to join that site and see if I can join some "urbexers" on a mission! :cool:

nov/dec. are you sure the car plant has been levelled? cant find solid info but on wiki;

As I look out my rear window the horizon has changed due to the north/south works being levelled. As I come out my front door the west works has been reduced to a hanger sized building and the flight sheds have disappeared. Many of them pictures are of the old buildings that have been stripped of all the infrastructure and shipped to China.. I live here and did my apprenticeship here as well as most of my six brothers; the old man doing 53 years here!!! There is one remaining works left on the Frankly side of the plant but it's way smaller than those pictures suggest. Everywhere I look there is sheer destruction on a massive scale which is hard to believe. I hope the stories about start-ups are true even if it is a much reduced scale but if you saw how desolate the place is lately and the lack of any Chinese workers in the area then us locals don't hold out much hope.

yeah i saw from ur location u are near by. i was just going off info i could find, ive no idea of the size of longbridge - or size that it was.

This help?

Attachments

• longbridge.JPG
    longbridge.JPG
    190.8 KB · Views: 18
Back