oil smelling heater / engine

Currently reading:
oil smelling heater / engine

Hi for the last few months atleast my internal fan smells of oil when running.... what can this be??

hotter the engine the worse the smell is.. after a quick thrash around the 'track' its quite bad both through the fan and from under the bay

have a small leak from behind the coils but its not that bad... had worse that didnt smell and its only just started...

its not just the hot car smell if you know what i mean its really rather bad.

i've got this a little bit aswell tbh, i think mine is linked to one of two things

the matrix getting contaminated when oily crap went in my cooling system after the HG went or the fact my rocker cover breather isnt actually connected to anything so the fumes from that are getting into the car

how is your breather system set? if you have a hose going anywhere is it possibly split?

cooling system is definatly fine.... even if oil was in the water it wouldnt touch the air so it wouldnt smelll..... my breather however is loose as fcuk at the bob.... could be that??? if so i think its catch tank time lmao

yup, will be that breather then, too much of a coincidence that we both have the same sounding oily smell from the heaters and both have breather issues.

the smell i get from the vents is 100% the smell i get out the breather, sometimes if its been sitting a while after a run and i lift the bonnet the smell about knocks me on my back haha, also its worse in the car after a *cough* spirited ;) drive

it's catch tank time for me aswell :)

lol i got a tank somewhere but no pipes lol.... and by somehwere i mean......... somewhere :s haha. defo a breather problem then mine ant too bad really bad after a blast but never opened the top. started to do it after i stopped using fully synth and put some cheap semi in as i was poor..... really wanna go back fully synth the engine just ran better.

Back