Technical oil pressure

Currently reading:
Technical oil pressure

eyup
just been on a course in the black country. about 130 miles from me. along the way when pulling up at roundabouts or lights the oil p light comes on at idle. is this:- a) the pressure switch b) wrong oil c) worn engine (78k) d) just bung oil additive in it and stop moaning?
the oil level is fine btw

philbo said:
eyup
just been on a course in the black country. about 130 miles from me. along the way when pulling up at roundabouts or lights the oil p light comes on at idle. is this:- a) the pressure switch
Could be

philbo said:
b) wrong oil

Could be, what's in it?

philbo said:
c) worn engine (78k)

Could be

philbo said:
d) just bung oil additive in it and stop moaning?

Nope, check it out first. Could be the pressure relief valve sticking open.

Cheers

D

ok i know its not the wrong grade oil but its just 7 quid garage stuff.
the engine is quite heavy on oil which is why i use cheaper oil. smokes a fair bit especially when cold.
wheres the pressure relief valve? if it means taking the head off again then ill live with it until next time :D just done the bloody thing after a valve burned out.
ta

change the oil to selina and it will stop happening. I take it your engine sounds tappetty too, this is oil stavation in the head but the oil pressure sensor is by the pump so if you have no pressure at the pump then your only causing damage to the rest of the engine.

Selina is like £20 and the best stuff for your engine, just get it.

the engine isnt tappety as ive adjusted them. there is oil getting to rocker as ive just had the swine in bits. the hydraulic tappets are located near the cam shaft anyway.
aint buying 20 quid oil cos ituses the stuff as much as petrol. hey ho. think ill just buysome additive to thicken the stuff up. how much is sawdust?

have had the same problems starts up fine when warm the oil light comes on it sounds very tappety i thought it would be the oil pump i really dont know can anyone help me its been around six months like this but it drives fine
cheers 1.1 sporting yello p reg
:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :cry:

Back