General OIL LEAK (again)

Currently reading:
General OIL LEAK (again)

Had the car a year now new sump new oil filter twice and now found out its coming from the head gasket. Been told I can still drive it just check yhe oil once a week as gettin it fixed will cost more than the cars worth. Is it still safe to drive. My car doesnt overheat and it is only leaking oil not water etc.
Just worried as dont want to keep driving it if it isnt safe

Our Punto 2002 plate had an oil leak,took it to a garage who did all the work :

New Sump
New rocker cover gasket
New oil filter
Oil change

Got the car back but now a week later there seems to be oil leaking again, Itys not coming from the sump, seems to be nearer the passenger side

Any idea guys
I did all that Just seen a mechanic who tells me it looks like the Head gasget may be going on the front right hand side of the engine or the seal above the gasket in the same position told me clean it all off again before i spend any more cash

I did all that Just seen a mechanic who tells me it looks like the Head gasget may be going on the front right hand side of the engine or the seal above the gasket in the same position told me clean it all off again before i spend any more cash

This would suggest to me coil o ring failure,if you look at the engine casting in front of it lower but above the gearbox and it has fresh oil here then its usually the o ring
These cars are getting on now so i see crank seals behind flywheels now giving up the ghost and even ivor the impaler doesnt list it as a part that fiat want €30 for,thankfully my factor has them for €10
DONT BUY THEM WITH THE SURROUND THOUGH,ITS a FORTUNE AND NOT NEEDED;)

Put up a photo

Hi,

Clean the engine up, take the car for a spin, leave it for half an hour - then take a photo and publish it. Working blind on these forums is a really bad idea. I had a 'phantom' oil leak as well - if I can see a picture of where the oil is accumulating I might be able to provide a fix for you.

Back