Technical Oil lamp on after Push start

Currently reading:
Technical Oil lamp on after Push start

JsutDJ

Hello. This morning i had to push start my Fiat Panda 1.1 Eco Active because my battery was dead ... after the push start the oil lamp lighted i went work and after 8hrs i checked the oil and it was all right the level was the same as before. There is no leaking at all i checked under the car, the engine everything looks ok. I also unattached the negative of the battery to do something like restart but its still on. (battery is low by the way).

I have no idea i bought it like that 3 months ago. The previous owner said that they bought new car and this one was not being driven for 2 months if they didnt lie to me :D so maybe thats why the battery was bad since then.

By the way since i bought the car it has oil filled over the maximum limits if this info helps somehow.:)

By the way since i bought the car it has oil filled over the maximum limits if this info helps somehow.:)

wonder if the previous owner has had the light on and kept topping it up in the hope it will go away.

if its a fair bit above maximum it will cause the light to come one as the oil froths up

as will using the wrong oil. Most you see in cheap shops are far too thin for a car of this age

the fact its over full probably means its not been well maintained and has a clogged oil filter or wrong oil

I wouldn't run the car until its sorted. First I would inspect the oil pressure sender. Check its not leaking oil and reseat the connector. Then change the oil and filter. 10/40 is about right for a car that this old.

(Good news?) This morning when i start the car the light didnt came on and after work as well. So now oil light is off so far.

Thanks for all the attention everyone !

New battery on his way and there is one more problem which is nothing scary but i will make post for it if its still there after new battery.

Lots of thanks !

Back