Technical Of course it’s a heater issue! Demisting not happening

Currently reading:
Technical Of course it’s a heater issue! Demisting not happening

Vicksmad

Hi guys, I’m the owner of a Grande Punto 09, and I’m having issue with dismissing the windscreen.

I’ve read all the threads I can find, tried to get the cogs & then realised that even on fan speed 4 I’m getting none to very little air blowing at windscreen from the vents, the fans sound like the6 are blowing at full speed. I’m having the seemingly usual issue of air direction knob not working & every so often I need to wiggle the fan wire to get it to come in.

Living in the north of England I really need that windscreen to demist! Any ideas? I’m a fairly competent woman ( and damn stubborn) & husband is pretty handy so if we can figure it out & not go to garage would be pleasing!

Hi guys, I’m the owner of a Grande Punto 09, and I’m having issue with dismissing the windscreen.

I’ve read all the threads I can find, tried to get the cogs & then realised that even on fan speed 4 I’m getting none to very little air blowing at windscreen from the vents, the fans sound like the6 are blowing at full speed. I’m having the seemingly usual issue of air direction knob not working & every so often I need to wiggle the fan wire to get it to come in.

Living in the north of England I really need that windscreen to demist! Any ideas? I’m a fairly competent woman ( and damn stubborn) & husband is pretty handy so if we can figure it out & not go to garage would be pleasing!

Sounds like a blocked pollen filter

Well, the pollen filter didn’t work. I just need to get to those controls on the back I think to maybe see if I can fix the air directional knob. Trouble is I can’t get to them, had radio out, took off fascia but can’t get behind the white interior bit.

I’ve spent an hour now trying to find a way to do it on the web, anyone guide me in the right direction?!

Well, the pollen filter didn’t work. I just need to get to those controls on the back I think to maybe see if I can fix the air directional knob. Trouble is I can’t get to them, had radio out, took off fascia but can’t get behind the white interior bit.

I’ve spent an hour now trying to find a way to do it on the web, anyone guide me in the right direction?!

I guess if the pollen filter was completely clogged then you'd get no air out of any vents. Do you get some airflow through some, just not the windscreen facing one?

If I understand right, you're trying to remove the heater controls? I suppose it's possible the knob is just faulty. This video might help? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1p6evWlmjQ - looks like a few screws top and bottom then it unclips at the bottom?

I guess if the pollen filter was completely clogged then you'd get no air out of any vents. Do you get some airflow through some, just not the windscreen facing one?

If I understand right, you're trying to remove the heater controls? I suppose it's possible the knob is just faulty. looks like a few screws top and bottom then it unclips at the bottom?

I’ve tried hoovering the vent for pollen filter out, it didn’t look too bad but not sure it had been fitted correctly. To be honest it sounds like there’s a lot of air somewhere but none of the vents push out the amount of air I’d expect on #4 , from any of the vents. Front facing are better, but not fantastic. But that could also be because the air direction is stuck on feet ��

Yes, we’ve managed to get the radio & metal cage out & front panel of controls off. I can see the cogs at the back aren't turning properly, but can’t see why as it’s so difficult to get to them. I’ve read it might be the cogs misaligned but just can’t see how to realign myself. Even tried taking the side panel in passenger side off. That video might be just the job!

It’s so frustrating as it seems like something that I could do, but just figure that last bit out! Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Back