Technical ocs emulator fitting instructions help!

Currently reading:
Technical ocs emulator fitting instructions help!

andrewl2806

guys got one of these emulators today to see if it was my ocs matt that was faulty but am not sure if i have connected it properly here is what i have done.......
located grey connector-disconnected-cut connector off with red/white/brown connectors and connected emulator to the corrosponding wires e.g brown to brown etc turned car on red airbag light comes on straight away same as usual........:bang: does it take time for the ecu airbag to reset 3 starts etc or is it not the ocs????? i'm so cheesed off with the beep beep beeep agggggggg:bang:

Would assume that you connect the wire colours like to like but you'd need to contact the manufacturer of the emulator to confirm.

Airbag related fault warnings don't need 3 clear starts to reset, the warning disappears as soon as the fault is fixed unless an airbag has been triggered.

If you just took a lucky guess as to whether it was the OCS then you may have guessed wrong. Airbag circuit failure means anything in the circuit. Have you treated as many of the airbag connectors as you easily can

Both underseats
Passenger airbag- in compartment in roof of lower glove box
Seat belt pretensioner coupling over rear wheel arch
These are the easiest to get at but there's quite a few others

My airbag failure only clears on 2nd ignition on but then my gal is very particular:)

Last edited:
If you just took a lucky guess as to whether it was the OCS then you may have guessed wrong. Airbag circuit failure means anything in the circuit. Have you treated as many of the airbag connectors as you easily can

Both underseats
Passenger airbag- in compartment in roof of lower glove box
Seat belt pretensioner coupling over rear wheel arch
These are the easiest to get at but there's quite a few others

YouTube- Stilo airbag failure warning fixed.AVI
My airbag failure only clears on 2nd ignition on but then my gal is very particular:)
are the 'both underseats' the front seats and is there one under the drivers seat? i sprayed the 1 orange under passenger,lower glovebox and in the driverside boot didnt spray both ends though as can't figure how to get them off!:confused: can you give me a list of all possible (easy ones) to get too so i can give em a go! thanks for your help!
p.s your first start up is exactly what mine does but all the time!:(

right checked and sprayed:
front passenger orange contact
front driver
in boot both near and off side orange contact (anyone know what the grey contact in the offside boot is? as mine is connected to nothing???)
contact under the lower glove box
any other that are easy to get to please let me know
:confused:
oh and its still coming on :bang:

bought it off ebay mate? why are you after one? as i will sell u mine as its obviously not my ocs matt thats the problem!:cry:

The rest aren't easy and will depend on what options in airbag you have fitted. There are front and side crash sensors, you may have curtain airbags and seat side bags or it may even be the airbag ecu itself

By far the quickest route now is to have the airbag fault codes read to see which one is causing the problem

Last edited:
The rest aren't easy and will depend on what options in airbag you have fitted. There are front and side crash sensors, you may have curtain airbags and seat side bags or it may even be the airbag ecu itself

By far the quickest route now is to have the airbag fault codes read to see which one is causing the problem
yeah booked it in tomorrow on the examiner with gmd fiat durham £65 will take approx an hour! yeah rite!

I have a question. is there someone that has the original OCS and can send me a picture with it to see the order of the wires conected on the board? i dismounted my ocs sensor and the wires went for a walk.. :D

Attachments

• ocs full.jpg
    ocs full.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 231
  • ocs front.jpg
    ocs front.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 200
  • ocs wires.jpg
    ocs wires.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 188
  • ocs back.jpg
    ocs back.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 196
Which wires "went for a walk"? they are all attached in your photos.

all 3 of them.. i soldered them back but i don't know if they are connected like they should...

when i got the car i didn't know if the ocs was the problem or the wires under the seat so i started playing with the wires and with the ocs :D

i have not got a clue how to do that just had a look and also not got a solder

hello m8 i see that you had it booked in to gmd durham not the arniston centre buy any chance as i live close and have a working diagnostic lead that works with the free fiat ecu.
i have used it on my 1.9 jtd 04 stelo i could try it on yours m8.....if thats any help..............

hello m8 i see that you had it booked in to gmd durham not the arniston centre buy any chance as i live close and have a working diagnostic lead that works with the free fiat ecu.
i have used it on my 1.9 jtd 04 stelo i could try it on yours m8.....if thats any help..............
hi mate yes it was booked in for there but cancelled it cause i was just going to wait until the service! that would be great mate when could i come over (y)

no problem m8 i am taking my daughter back to Wrexham tomorrow so any time after monday.
we only live in witton gilbert.

i am actually from fram originally. fiat gmd was a petrol station back then.

i need to check my air bags too as i am sick of the bling stop engine blahhh........need to find out what is broken already tried all the plugs ......................

Back