Obvious classifieds scam

Currently reading:
Obvious classifieds scam

Annoyingly, send via the email form provided on classified adverts for non-logged in visitors... so I'm not sure what can be done about it, except checking the logs for when this was send and blocking IPs (forcing a login is pointless, unless you make people jump through hoops eg a minimum number of posts).

Gmail automatically put this into the spam folder and marked it as a scam, but other email clients might not do the same.

Compomotive 6.5j14 ET30 dished alloys

Hello i am interested in the purchase of this item.But before any thing i will like to ask you the Following question.

1,wht is the final asking price for this item.

2,wht is the condition of this item.

3,can you allow our private shipping company to come for the pick up of this item.

4,will you accept Paypal Account to make the payment Or a check or money order as a mode of payment.

5,Will you be able to send money to the shipping company that will be coming for the pick up of this item....Cos the payment that

will be sent to you will include the money for the sales of your item and the shipping charges.You are to cash the check,Deduct

the money for the sales of your item and then send the money left to the shipping company so that they can come for the pick up

of this item. If this is understood,i will like you to get back to me with the name and address you want payment to be address to

Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Phone #:
Email address:

https://www.fiatforum.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=26595
Not entirely sure if this should go in the LL, it'll make more people aware at least, please move if required.

To you and I may be but not everyone is as savvy ..

This - there are indeed people who would see right through this. And there are people who would blindly reply to it.

Is this the first kind of thing that has been reported with the FF classifieds? I know there is (or was) a problem with scams on eBay with alloys and stolen PayPal accounts.

This - there are indeed people who would see right through this. And there are people who would blindly reply to it.

Is this the first kind of thing that has been reported with the FF classifieds? I know there is (or was) a problem with scams on eBay with alloys and stolen PayPal accounts.

it happens all the time its same as selling any where else on the internet. ben added a pm sender to classifieds, anyone whos legit will more often than not use that and/or post on the ad.

Back