Technical OBD II scanner not working

Currently reading:
Technical OBD II scanner not working

gutshot1

Plugging in my cheapy OBD II scanner to my Fiat 500 2012 last night and it gets power ok from the port, runs a scan but fails to connect.
Is it an incompatible scanner or something wrong with my port/fuse?

Plugging in my cheapy OBD II scanner to my Fiat 500 2012 last night and it gets power ok from the port, runs a scan but fails to connect.
Is it an incompatible scanner or something wrong with my port/fuse?

Hi, incompatible, if need be you'll need MES( on a laptop ) and the correct cables, think its the yellow one, buy from MES not a cheapo one, I'm lead to believe, see what other people post to check.

DO NOT use any copy of Multiecuscan (MES) that was not downloaded from the official website www.multiecuscan.net or purchased from a authorised distributor from this list http://www.multiecuscan.net/Distributors.aspx
Current version (Oct 2019) is 4.5 anone selling anything earlier is selling illegal copies. Apart from taking funds awar from the developer of MES and riking it being lost to all of us, you re leaving youself open to viruses etc.

MES is a bargain at €50, pay for it and be safe.

Robert G8RPI.

DO NOT use any copy of Multiecuscan (MES) that was not downloaded from the official website www.multiecuscan.net or purchased from a authorised distributor from this list http://www.multiecuscan.net/Distributors.aspx
Current version (Oct 2019) is 4.5 anone selling anything earlier is selling illegal copies. Apart from taking funds awar from the developer of MES and riking it being lost to all of us, you re leaving youself open to viruses etc.

MES is a bargain at €50, pay for it and be safe.

Robert G8RPI.

:yeahthat:

Discussion of cracked versions of MES or linking to websites hosting pirated copies of this software is not permitted on this forum.

Anyone doing so will have their posts deleted without further notice, and repeat offenders will be permanently banned from the forum.

There is an issue with cheap OBD2 scanners terminating the CAN bus connection with a resistor which can cause them to not connect. Probably where modified for fiat OBD2 interfaces are coming into play(though I may be wrong) while you are browsing Multiecuscan, and it it really is very worth paying for. Take a look at the frequently asked questions part of the MES site. It may be enlightening regarding your cheaply scanner issues, I bet even stand alone units work the same way?

Back