Technical O2 lambda sensor replacing

Currently reading:
Technical O2 lambda sensor replacing

The only things connected to F11 is the O2 heaters and the vapour solenoid

The heaters are only 2A each. No idea how much the vapour solenoid is.

Any new codes logged ?

No codes logged when the EML is flashing. It reports 0 code.
But sometimes the EML stays on, and the same P0135 bank 1 heater 1.
When it is cleared by the pluggin reader, it goes away, but next time when the engine starts, the EML keeps flashing with no code.

I felt the exhaust sounded a bit rough, as if it is blowing emission too when the engine is running. Revved up the engine, and it sounded definitely rough as if not happy.

But there is no 12V going into the heater now, no fuse again.
The fuse kit is to arrive on Tuesday to Screwfix, but I am planning to pick up another one from Euro carparts, as it is available on tomorrow morning.

The local Halfords is shut for weeks some reason, so really not ideal :(

Last edited:
I had other jobs to do, so haven't been able to look at the car after that, and the day has gone already.

Looking at youtube videos, this one seems related to my problems?
But I am confused on the way he found the shorted harness and the cable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-M5CUcsc-E

If its the same system as the punto the speed sensor is also on that fuse ........(See attached)

Stands a Good chance. The Tipo has the same fuse number and circuit diagram

My 05 and 06 both have the connector for the speed sensor even though it no longer used. Just dangling not connected and asking to get damaged

Got the fuse pack, put in F11 with the 15A fuse, and started the engine.
Unplugged the sensors and read for the heater voltage, and back to 3V :(

Checked the new fuse F11, and it is blown off.

Repeated above process twice, and the F11 fuse just keeps blowing as soon as the engine starts.

What could this be? I could see what looks like a computer hard disk and two thick cables going onto the top. Could that be the ECU?

Last edited:
Took out the Fuse F11, and read the voltage, on the left input, it read +13V, on the right input from the top, it reads -0.1V.

Would it be the sign of the short on the negative ground?

That is the + current is touching the - or ground somewhere in the car, making the circuit short when the Fuse is connected?

Last edited:
Don't keep changing the fuse and hoping for the best

Check the cable thats not connected. Near the gearbox. make sure there's no chaffing of the cable

Check the bottom O2 cable that goes above the gearbox for damage. Its in a plastic clip to a bracket attached to the bellhousing

Disconnect the two O2 sensors

Disconnect the evap connector its at the back of the engine near the blue pipe

Replace the fuse.

Check 12V is present

Plug one thing in check the fuse and disconnect it again. Plug the next in check and so on.

Whichever blows the fuse is either faulty or wiring is faulty going to it.

Can anyone tell me where bank 1 sensor 2 is located on my 1.4 grande pinto 2014 please

The 1.4 Lambda connectors have separate cables that run along end of the engine above the clutch bell housing. They are different lengths so can't be connected to the wrong sensor.

My clips were brittle, but rubber tube sleeves (split along length) and zip ties will keep it tidy.

Back