Technical O/S/F tyre scrapping and pulling to the left

Currently reading:
Technical O/S/F tyre scrapping and pulling to the left

Hello all,

Its been a while since ive had to post on here which i suppose is a good thing ?.

My car for a while now, when turning a left turn the drivers side tyre will scrap against something and my car pulls hell of a lot to the left, but not always.

Ive had my car checked out by 2 different garages and a complete health check by Fiat and they have all said nothing is scraping against my tyre.
I have had the tracking checked and been told that its perfectly alligned.

Could anyone advise me what i can have a look at to see if they are missing something obvious?

I have had the car on a jack and ramp me self and fully locked the steering and there is a good clearance between my wheel and guard, not sure what the difference is when driving.

Thanks
Tony

Check out the deflectors (thin metal) behind the discs. They are easily bent and can scrape on the disc and often only evident on a hard turn.
If you really think the steering is affected , check the rubber bushes on the wishbones, especially the one by the inside wheel arch. I think this is unlikely if your tracking seems ok but still worth a look ?

Thanks for the reply.
Had a look at the metal bit behind the brake but looked fine.

Whilst i was looking, noticed that a bit of underneath was missing. This is causing another piece ever so slightly dome which i think is where its scraping.
The piece has been in my boot for ages and ive wondered where it had come off.
Going to stick this on and see if this resolves the issue.

3 new tyres on the car too, doesn't pull to the left anymore.

Last edited:
Back