Nürburgring trip in the summer? (Checking interest)

Currently reading:
Nürburgring trip in the summer? (Checking interest)

Just gauging interest in a trip to Nurburgring ring sometime in the summer next year (plenty of time to plan and save up some monies).

I've always wanted to go and I'll be going anyway so it would be cool if we could organise a FF trip :slayer: :worship:.

I can get more details, prices, hotels etc once I get numbers etc (y).

Sounds like a plan! I went last year, the 2009 calendar is yet to be published, so would be difficult to put an exact date on it at the mo..... but.......

Example Costs to get over to Calais are £112 return via EuroTunnel on May 13th returning May 16th (dates purley used to get prices).

A Hotel close to or at 'The Ring' is about €45 (single room) or €75 (Twin Room) per night.

Ring Costs are :
2008 Price in Euros Sterling equiv Sterling per lap
Single lap €21
4-lap ticket €70
8-lap ticket €135
15-lap ticket €235

Anyone who does 15 laps and survives (car included) is a true legend. lol

Alan

Schweet :slayer:. I can't wait its something i've wanted to do since i passed my test. Its only now I've got the balls*

*And the passport lol

do not go balls out on the 1st lap,desite how much your tempted, remember, its not nicknamed the green hell for nothing, take it steady, there are quite a few corners there that are waiting to give you a big kick in the arse, and some of the curbs are massive, so avoid, i went over 2 avoiding cars and needed a new fuel tank when i got home:bang::bang::bang:

beware of scooby drivers, there slow slow slow in the bends but stick there foot down on the straights:mad::mad:

thats how i jumped a curb, scooby though that instead of moving over and letting me past, he would brake test me in to a sharp left right corner, got round the 1st and had to swerve to avoid him on the next and the stilo flew very nicely:bang::mad:

beware of scooby drivers

Wasnt a silver STi was it?? :eek: Nah it couldnt have been me, I wouldnt have done that to a Fiat anyway! :slayer:Or anyone come to think of it!

In my experience, most people are pretty good and move out the way for you and are courteous, but as red-devil says, there are some who think they own the place!

And 19 laps!! :devil: were they all consecutive? I boiled my PAS fluid after 5 :mad:

Wasnt a silver STi was it?? :eek: Nah it couldnt have been me, I wouldnt have done that to a Fiat anyway! :slayer:Or anyone come to think of it!

In my experience, most people are pretty good and move out the way for you and are courteous, but as red-devil says, there are some who think they own the place!

And 19 laps!! :devil: were they all consecutive? I boiled my PAS fluid after 5 :mad:

nah about 5 at a time some times out lap, fast lap and then another lap too cool down. and the no the scooby was red with and isle of man plate;)

did a 9.55 in the end, with a car down on power, but that was with crashes and only my second lap, couldnt better it because of the accidents, mostly bikes or bmw's(n)

could have done a 9.40 easy, but not going next year as the fuel tank cost a fortune, and i need a new variator and cams as mine were not in the best state of health, but wouldnt get worse, used alot of oil:bang:

but you defo get hooked and want to go again and again and again, if i could move there i would:cry:

ive always wanted to go to this..but im wanting to go down the turbo road next year so i doubt ill be able to afford this aswell :(
suppose another year when my cars performing alot better and quicker i suppose :(

i'm going next year with people from work... not taking my car :eek:

Someone's got a Focus RS on order (to replace his ST) so will be good to have a ride in that, there's an A3 TFSI, 120d, golf gt tfsi and a mini JCW going. If your going at same time, i bet they would fancy convoying or what not if you didnt mind, will check dates if you want.

i'm going next year with people from work... not taking my car :eek:

Someone's got a Focus RS on order (to replace his ST) so will be good to have a ride in that, there's an A3 TFSI, 120d, golf gt tfsi and a mini JCW going. If your going at same time, i bet they would fancy convoying or what not if you didnt mind, will check dates if you want.

Thats the problem at the minute the trackday schedule isn't published yet!.

Back