Norwich Union policy

Currently reading:
Norwich Union policy

I'm coming to renewal time on my '03 Punto Active. I'm thinking about Norwich Union's new pay per mile scheme so I can get some NCB. I'm a uni student away from home so I'm only going to be using every it other weekend and won't clock up many miles on it.

Has anyone here got any experiences of this policy, the GPS unit involved etc etc?

There is a load of detail on the website. looked in to it last year and it worked out for me inmy peronal circumstances that it would triple my insurance, but your situation is obviously different.Best thing to do is do som number crunching and go for it if you are confident your situation with regards to the mileage you cover is unlikely to increase too much.

It's definitely worth considering a limited mileage policy as well to compare with (and to avoid the whole Big Brother feeling) as if you do less than 5000 miles a year you could be in for some huge savings.

Saying that, most insurers are rather cruel to young people with no NCB, but it's always worth shopping around and trying different things with anything, really.

Signed ontto the policy about a week ago. It worked out cheaper than being on a normal fully comp policy. I will be billed montly. Norwich Union sent a guy from the RAC round to fit the GPS tracker a day after I signed up.

i went on confused.com to try insuring my 1.9td sx tipo. im 23 with no ncb,try quinn direct they quoted me £467 fire and theft for the year. i'm always unsure of norwich cuz the 'quoted me happy at £1734' if you dont do many miles there all good but past experience tells me they'll tryand rob u blind so crunch some numbers first

I Did a whole topic on the PAYD scheme with NOrwich union as i have had it for 2 years now!

certainly worked out a lot cheaper for me all in all i paid £220 in total for my car insurance last year on the PAYD scheme( i was 18 with 1 years NCB)

Everyone has there differences of oppinion on it, but at the end of the day its up to you.

Its works out cheaper for me as well. I'm not using the car everyday, so why do I need to pay for a policy designed with people who do use their cars everyday in mind? Next year when I have a years NCB I'll look around and maybe change policy. I could also been in a better position to start modifiying the car.

At the end of the day, so what if you have a tracker in your car? so what if they know where you are? theres millions of cameras around nowadays so generally people can find out anything they need to about you anyway.

If it saves you money, go for it, ive never had a problem with them to date, and everytrime i ring htem to change the policy they are fine with it and just send me new documents!

id reccomend them anyday

At the end of the day, so what if you have a tracker in your car? so what if they know where you are? theres millions of cameras around nowadays so generally people can find out anything they need to about you anyway.

If it saves you money, go for it, ive never had a problem with them to date, and everytrime i ring htem to change the policy they are fine with it and just send me new documents!

id reccomend them anyday

Once you conclude the policy the tracker is deactivated, so I'm not too fussed. Like I said I'm only on it to build some NCB without breaking the bank too much.

Back