Noop 2.jpg

Panda 2012+ Noop

Noop Noopandatonio or New Pandatonio to those from outside Norfolk. 319 4x4 Waze Cross. All you need to know is its a Panda.

Introduction

Panda Characters
Comfy
Nippy
Zoomy
Growly
Thirsty
Noisy
Angry
Cool
Unstopable
Fiaty
Thats 10

Noop is KING. He actually can do 63mpg on a run with a little HGV slip streaming unlike his forbear who definitely couldnt. He can also manage 102mph and has towed 1300kgs in a dire emergency. A breeze as long as speed was kept to just under 50. Noop lives in the countryside and will never get stuck. He is ACE apart from the lack of power he suffers thanks to Fiats cheating on the engine spec. An internet error /glytch my a*** Its a good thing this car is so good I want to keep it or I might just have set it on fire on the Chiswick flyover in the rush hour to give the cheating ***s the publicity they so richly deserve at cheaty Fiat UK and dozy Fiat Italy. Oh well they do have a dieselgate claim as a direct result of their dishonesty and I sincerely hope they get skinned. Otherwise I wouldnt have bothered as my last diesel was incredible and is the only car that I made a huge profit on when sold pn after 100,000 miles I reckon it left me overall around a total of £5000 in pocket. Do I care about the cash from diesel gate? NO. It will go to an environmental charity.
Is Noop diesel? I thought it was - as I think you might have possibly mentioned once or twice before - an 85hp TwinAir. How does that lead to a deiselgate claim? And, has anyone ever won one of those (it seems only lawyers do well from these)…
Noop is petrol. He was both made, built shipped supplied and ordered as a 90HP model. No waze models ever came with a 90HP engine. He was even listed on the "my Fiat" site as 90HP until about a year after purchase. Mysteriously its been changed but not before I took screen shots and printed them for future reference. It was my Bravo that was diesel and supplied as such. Im sure the figures on emissions were fixed on that as much as any VW. It was at least what it said on the tin - and more too, being exceptionally economical. As Fiat are clearly complelely without morals or any sense of decency or honesty they can surely have a diesel claim from me as a thankyou for their dishonesty in relation to my Panda - more (again) below! Along with being reported to the ASA and trading standards. The only saving grace in this for me is my new car proved faster quieter and more fuel efficient than the last one.

On your second point, yes I do know someone who has had a successful dieselgate claim.. My son leased an Audi Q5 3.0 D that earned him a years free lease, and cash of approximately c. $5,000. Early termination of his lease without penalty and at least another $1000 worth of Audi merchndise of every type you can think of. Jackets, tools, crystal flower bowls... He got another sum of money from the software company that did the ECU programming too I think $1200 some time after as the lawyers went after them too. I am astounded by the sums he netted. I think he effectively had the use of a new high end car for two years for no cost. Audi had specifically excluded the Q5 from the diesel gate affair in a statemeent submitted to the courts enquiry but were exposed as having specifically lied about this model, which went down like a lead ballon with the judges. I did consider adding my name and details to the diesel gate Fiat list in the US but am not sure that would work. Now neither Audi or Merc sell diesel in the US as noone wants them so its a much thirstier car on the road as a result.

I have no doubt that payouts will come here in the end but it will take a long time and they will be less than in the US - because we accept deceit without complaint and accept it when we get less compensation. It incenses me as it also gave a road tax advantage to some cars and specifically more so, to the less economical ones for which the government is unwilling to seek recompense for from the car makers. Big German cars paying $20 based on useless test results and allegedly fraudulent fuel consumption / emissions figures. Similarly people who think they have a 90HP Panda also seem to not care and have accepted that the calculated (by me and, not refuted at any stage by Fiat) £780 per car overcharged in relation to the lack of the more powerful engine which is a shame. As a group we might have been able to bring them to heel.

All manufacturers were doing the diesel gate scam so individuals hardly lost out buying one misdescibed brand rather than another. Fiat on the other hand must have made c£15,000,000 from seling 90HP engines (based on the number claimed as sold in the EU) that never were 90HP, to TA owners and have got away scott free. This deceit was personal. Other makers dont appear to be acting as Fiat have have in this respect. 85HP engines have a 2000 engine number and I believe the 90HP versions it was a 7000 engine number, The 90HP engine having been discontinued in production at LEAST a year before the Waze 90 went on sale in europe in this instance I fail to see ts anything other than a mass fraud. A huge launch and the whole of the european press lauding the 90HP waze introduction from lies supplied by Fiat, international advertising, press releases and web site details all dismissed as 'a minor website error' I sincerely hope the diesel gate case hits them very heavily indeed they utterly deserve to be hit hard. I can wait for whatever comes but dont actually give a hoot about the cash which will all go to environmental charities anyway. I just hope the lawyers take their time and do a very thorough job and waste Fiats time and resourtces to the maximum possible extent. They already have £15,000,000 in the fighting fund, Fiat deserve to swing for their gros dishonesty,

I still believe diesel is a more environmentally acceptable fuel than its been branded and one of the true sins of the scandle is that it is hardly being used any more when there are some decent reasons to do so. The big culprit in the scandle of course is the EU test facility which were to say the least incompetent and flawed. It should be asked if the Euro standards have any value at all and they should be made to pay for all the emissions reduction gear we all pay for that seems to achieve nothing in reality other than a welter of faults and breakdowns. Has, I wonder, anything changed there.

Last edited:
Dieselgate claim. I dont knoe if this will go anywhere but all the paperwork has been submitted and I have confirmation my claim has been finalised for taking to court. It seems sad to claim for a car that said it would do 50mpg but actually did 60-90mpg, but cest la vie.

Recently Assaulted by a Muntjack... and i had to be careful how I say and speak that. Right on the corner that was just repaired after being assaulted by something falling off a truck. Fortunately no damage. A testiment to modern plastic welding techniques. Noop wishes to formally apologise for causing the latest rain storm by wearing his winter boots. I seem to have timed this to perfection this year.

Last edited:
Back