nokia

Currently reading:
nokia

so ive got an N97.... last night when i got some mesages through it wouldnt open them saying my messageing memory was full and that i should close some applications and try again (i had non open)... so i switched it off and on again and it worked...

this morning its done the same... and ive turned it off and on 3 times... and it still says the same thing and now i can read the message!

the inbox is displaying as 0 messages and the sen items 0 messages (n)

Mine did the same. Go into the messaging > options > other > memory in use, and change it to E: Mass memory. If it asks to move or copy existing, say move, cos you don't want to clog the phone memory up.

When phone memory gets low it slows the phone down / f's it up. Apps come preinstalled on the phone memory - delete them and reinstall on to the mass memory.

I use an app called taskman to see how much memory is in use / keep tabs on things. Costs a small amount to purchase from the app store.

It took me a few weeks to get used to it and get it running stable. I'm only OK with it as I'm used to it now I think :( But it was bloody annoying coming from the N95 8GB which felt miles easier to use!

Yep, put everything onto memory card and leave phone empty. N95 was the same, if you filled phone you couldn't bluetooth any large files from another to you as it needed the space on phone to stick it on there during recieving file before sticking it onto phone.

Took me ages to work out why then our resident CPW worker JimMagil showed me at Jan's Panda meet :) (y)

Being a complete phone know-it-all, I have to say that Nokias do seem to have issues. They are also prone to just shutting themselves down, or the screen going black for some unknown reason.

I find that Sony Ericssons have more issues with texts as their message memory fills up very quickly :( Literally just a few hundred messages and you have to sit and delete. Very annoying...

so ive got an N97.... last night when i got some mesages through it wouldnt open them saying my messageing memory was full and that i should close some applications and try again (i had non open)... so i switched it off and on again and it worked...

this morning its done the same... and ive turned it off and on 3 times... and it still says the same thing and now i can read the message!

the inbox is displaying as 0 messages and the sen items 0 messages (n)

There are texts on your sim from your last phone. Take it out and put it in your gannys 10 quid nokia and delete all of them and then put it back in the posh nokia and it will not do that again

You tend to find that even thou some phones have masses of internal memory that they devide it up so that so many MB is for Pictures and so much for Music and so much for Messaging

Usually messaging is the smallest and runs out first even if there's loads of overall memory left

glad to see that after 3 1/2 years since i had an N80 that Nokia have finally resolv..... oh hang on a min.... they havent.

I had to back step to an N70 and 6680 until the Sony P1i was released, i jumped the Nokia sinking ship and got the sony and had no issues with it.

Currently on iPhone 3G and despite having 4 replacements in a weekend (my original rear split, then three replacements died within hours of getting them)

so far so good though

No the SE satio feels like tat IMO. The N97 Mini has a metal batt cover and is one of the best looking and feeling phones available.
I have had mine for 5 days without any problems so im sure that i am due some soon.

bar the storm blackberrys are very good for reliability i find but some features seem buried deep in the menu making it a bit user unfriendly i think.... the satio has had its battery pulled out 3 times this morning cause of freezing and as its asoftware issue there is no point swapping it for another thats going to do the same :(

Back