Nokia 5800

Currently reading:
Nokia 5800

I got one on tuesday and after lots of ****e nokias the n95 was shocking !!!
and after sonyericssons it was hard to beat it ! but i can honestly say its a brilliant phone !!!

Cheers
Adz

i just been to shops on my dinner and had a play with one and im quite impressed after past experiences of Nokia N series phones.

this is my wildcard now. i was torn between the X1 and the iPhone, but i think the 5800 works better than the X1, but as only plastic, it lacks a quality feel.

whats the web browsing like on it?

the N97 looks ok to but my dilema is my p1i is doing my nut in because the back key has frigged i need one now.

now i seen the n97 i would feel a bit peeved with myself if i got the 5800 now

i want the iphone more than the others but the tarriffs and handsets are a bit steep.

Thats the problem when a phone like the iphone is exclusive to a network :( I know what you mean though it still is pretty steep esp because it been out for a while now :(

In the long run though its cheaper to get a £35 contract and pay £155 for the iphone (on a new contract) than pay £55 on a £45 contract. Surely they would be able to discount the handset for you since your upgrading??

Last edited:
The web browsing is very good . Im on my wifi on the phone now and the forum looks as is should and its very quick . I would recommend this phone ! I dont like the iphone a few guys a work have it and they just fill it with apps . Who needs a zippo lighter on a phone . . . . ? Adz

Got a 5800 myself, I wonder where it's been my whole life. I'd say no to the lack of quality feel but I'm not harsh with my tech anyway.

I've had my Nokia 5800 for 3 months now. Brill phone for web browsing. Loads of apps (Lightsabre one is great with mates to settle differences) I wouldn't have an iPhone and this is a great phone.

Music: Top Quality from speakers

Screen: Visible in direct light and crystal clear.

Touch Screen: I use my finger rather than the pen and i have no trouble txting or touching the icons. Txting is easy with the full qwerty keyboard.

Calls: Quality is great and no crackle when speaking like i did with previous Nokias.

Build Quality - Feels rock hard and aint gonna break easily. No visible scratches to date.

Battery - Looking at getting about 3 days with normal use. (2-3 hours calling each day, few txts and web browsing with 3G and Wifi)

Thanks

if your thinkin of gettin an n97 you are bes tof watining untill they have been out for a few months as any potential problems with softwear ( as the N series are prone to) should ahve been resolved! worked in a phone shop for ages and every N series phone we sold came back with in weeks if not days of bein sold! id just avoid them

zippo lighter is for muppets in pubs who dont know how to do proper stuff with phones

:yeahthat:

I assume as well you have to buy it as an "apps"? If so, the expression "A fool and his money are easily parted" springs to mind ;)

if your thinkin of gettin an n97 you are bes tof watining untill they have been out for a few months as any potential problems with softwear ( as the N series are prone to) should ahve been resolved! worked in a phone shop for ages and every N series phone we sold came back with in weeks if not days of bein sold! id just avoid them

The exact same thing could be said about the iphone on its release. Overpriced, underspecced and riddled with bugs/ problems. In fact the same could be said of most newly released phones these days.

Last edited:
Back