Technical Noisy wiper mechanism

Currently reading:
Technical Noisy wiper mechanism

Wiper mechanism making a bit of a racket.
Is there a usual suspect bushing or somthing that the likely suspect?
Makes no noise if the mechanism is under no load with the blades lifted off the windscreen but when I manually resist the wiper motion with my hands I can't get it to make the same noise.
There's a bit if play in the mechanism that I can feek but it doesn't seem excessive.
Cheers
Marty

Is it a sort of juddering-creaking noise Marty?
Mine does that, but not loudly.

They also cause the hi-beams to blink off with each sweep, but that's another story...

Yeah that's it the wiper blades themselves shudder as there is a bit if play where they meet the arm
The wipers hadn't been fitted properly so it has improved considerably since I fixed that.
There is however a groan at the end of the stroke.
I think I've located where it's coming from by looking in at the mechanism through the mesh under the windscreen whilst operating them.,.,when one if the arms reaches it's highpoint and essentially begins to pull the bladed back across this is when it groans and it would appear there is s bit if play in there.
I assume it's an easy job access the mechanism fir a closer inspection. ?
Just haven't the time at the moment
Marty.

Hello,
Mines the same, but I have the issue of being unable to remove the wiper arm as its so rusted on. And without removing the arm you cannot remove the cover and therefore the mechanism. I just sprayed some wd40 into the mechanism through the crate, it helped a bit and having to learn to live with the noisy mechanism.

Back