General Noise when turing left

Currently reading:
General Noise when turing left

rogerd

Hi

I've got an 8-year old JTD Punto. When I turn left, there's a rumbling noise - doesn't happen when I turn right. We can't make out where it's coming from.

It's been in to our local garage. At first they thought it might be the plastic protection tray under the engine - rubbing on something. However, securing the tray made no difference. I'm told all the obvious bearings are fine. For the moment we're just waiting to see if it gets worse.

Anybody else had the same problem?
o

Any ideas, anyone?

Roger D

i have a similar problem when turning right. i've just replaced the inner cv joint on that side, but still got a knocking noise. going to replace the outer joint on the other side next as its most likely the cause and cheap.

your's could be a cv joint or wheel bearing. you don't get any play in a knackered bearing until they're absolutely buggared

It sounds like a CV joint. However might be worth jacking the front of the car up and having a look for anything loose, or with play etc, also check the brake calipers for movement as well. My mate had one where the rubbers failed on hers and kept getting noise when she turned.

Back