Technical Noise when accelerating and decelerating

Currently reading:
Technical Noise when accelerating and decelerating

gsxr6OO

hey all, i have a 2009 fiat punto sports turbo 1.4T Jet (OZ MODEL and equiv to Grande Punto). I have a question regarding a noise nothing major on acceleration and deceleration. When the car is just idling and you begin to move forward slowly taking your foot off the clutch and pressing the accelerator, there is a noise coming from around the accelerator, and can also be heard slightly when the radio volume is on low. When Im approaching a set of traffic lights or an intersection and I begin to change the gears down, I can hear the noise again, nothing major, but a noise that just doesn't sound like it should be there. i have only just bought the car only having less than 1000km on the clock, but it is really annoying me. I am taking it in on Tuesday to have a new indicator stalk put in, because when I turn right, the indicator is switching off and then clicking into the 3 flashes (left) really annoying so I might get them to check it out then, but your advice would be really appreciated. (y)

Ok so I have uploaded a sound/mov file to youtube.

2009 Fiat Punto 1.4 Sports Turbo - the strange noise you can hear occurs as soon as I take my foot of the accelerator. This noise also happens when I begin to decent down a hill and change the gears from 3rd to 2nd and down to 1st if required. This sound test was done in 1st gear. What I was doing is driving along a quiet street accelerating to about 30km/h in 1st gear then releasing my foot from the accelerator. The noise you hear is as soon as I release my foot from the accelerator.

Any ideas?

YOUTUBE FOOTAGE IS AT: youtube/watch?v=1XA_vvJ21sM

Please someone help me work out what this is.

Back