Tuning No power increase after remap

Currently reading:
Tuning No power increase after remap

pavelovec

Hello,
I have a problem with my Grande Punto 1.4 t-jet 88kW/120hp (2007). Recently I wanted to increase power of my t-jet a bit, so I tried remapping it.

Before remap I had cleaned MAP sensor and boost sensor, bought new sparks, oil separator, air filter and also turbo is refurbished. I have tried 2 different companies - one of them was in my opinion garbage and they did not change anything so I returned it. But the second one was in my opinion better (and a lot more expensive), because after remap it was pulling hard from the 2000 RMPs and in MultiEcuScan I saw that boost was set to 1.2 bar instead of 0.8 bar.

So I went on a Dyno before remap and after remap but then I saw that there is no power increase and also a little loss in higher revs. But I dont know why, because boost is significantly higher. I dont know if it is caused by some problem in car or bad remap. Someone told me that t-jet has some torque limiter which needs to be changed to have some increase in power, but I dont know if it is there and also if the company that remapped my t-jet changed it.

I run only 100 octane fuel and also I used recently injection cleaner and turbo cleaner. I have attached some graphs from MES (before and after remap) and also from dyno.

Thank you for every advice.

Attachments

• before_remap.PNG
    before_remap.PNG
    133.7 KB · Views: 88
  • after_remap.PNG
    after_remap.PNG
    132.2 KB · Views: 51
  • dyno.jpg
    dyno.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 61
What do you mean by a remap?
A tuning box?
If so many of these do very little other then fooling the temp sensor or fuel rail pressure sensor of a diesels

A proper remap will involve plugging a laptop into the ECU and a full on propper remap will have the car on a rolling road to monitor and tweak everything to your engine
As opposed to a generic flash map that can vary a bit from car to car

It was remap of ECU, not tuning box. But only with dyno before remap and after remap. They made one version of software and uploaded it there. And they told me that their software cant be better.

They told me that it can be caused by bad turbo, but in MES looks everything fine I think.

I have already returned it, but still I dont know if it is caused by some mechanical issue in the car or just bad remap. It is weird that boost was significantly higher but still zero power increase.

Have you a original and mod file, to take a look? This engine is very easy to get power after a map mod.

Back