Technical No glow plug light

Currently reading:
Technical No glow plug light

Gazzamikes

Hi all

I've got a 2007 mk2 scudo 1.6

The glow plug light never comes on and it's getting more and more difficult to start the van and when it does it idles really really rough and plumes of smoke

Any ideas? Am really struggling to find anything on the net

Thanks!!!

Brilliant thanks I'll order one and give that a try. Just got to find where it goes!

My mate popped in earlier with a basic diagnostic reader and came up with p1351. So I've obviously got a fault in there

What should the glow plug light look like? I dont think iv ever seen one on mine and its having a bit of a rough start in the mornings now too :(

What should the glow plug light look like? I dont think iv ever seen one on mine and its having a bit of a rough start in the mornings now too :(

The indication is a little orange coil or spiral symbol. It should come on for a few seconds when the "ignition" is turned on. When it goes out you should turn to start. Comes on for longer in cold weather. If it does not come on check fuses and relays.

Robert G8RPI.

P.S. Doesn't anyone read the owners handbook?

Ah perfect , it came on there no problem but the van was still very slow to start .

Im guessing i need a new battery .

Hard to know really , is there a way of telling without changing the battery?

I just bought the van so i have nothing to compare it with .

Funny thing is the light for plugs warming up came on this morning for sure but when i checked again later it didnt?

Back