Technical No Crank

Currently reading:
Technical No Crank

Graemey

Hi everyone,
I’ve just purchased a Fiat Doblo Cargo 2007 1.3 multi jet .
I purchased it as a non starter .
When I turn on the ignition I can get the fuel punp kicking in and going off again when it’s up to pressure but there is no crank , not even a click from the starter motor ?
I have checked the grounds and they look like they have all been replaced and wee al pretty clean .
I’ve given Hyde starter motet a tap and still nothing .
In fact the starter looks quite new .
And battery has no voltage drop
It will bump start no problems
Any suggestions?
TIA

Hi everyone,
I’ve just purchased a Fiat Doblo Cargo 2007 1.3 multi jet .
I purchased it as a non starter .
When I turn on the ignition I can get the fuel punp kicking in and going off again when it’s up to pressure but there is no crank , not even a click from the starter motor ?
I have checked the grounds and they look like they have all been replaced and wee al pretty clean .
I’ve given Hyde starter motet a tap and still nothing .
In fact the starter looks quite new .
And battery has no voltage drop
It will bump start no problems
Any suggestions?
TIA
Just an update
I jumped the starter solenoid today to see if the car would start but it did not.
However the the starter is faulty as I can here the solenoid but the pinion is just spinning and not engaging the flywheel .
Gonna. Hangs it out in next couple of days and I’ll report back

Just an update
I jumped the starter solenoid today to see if the car would start but it did not.
However the the starter is faulty as I can here the solenoid but the pinion is just spinning and not engaging the flywheel .
Gonna. Hangs it out in next couple of days and I’ll report back
Ok ,
So I changed the starter and the same problem existed ! Still no crank ! I pulled of the black plastic clip (where the leads go in to) and noticed that on the inside the plastic clip there is metal ring that was badly corroded. .Cleaned it up amd put it all back together again and now the van starts again .

Ok ,
So I changed the starter and the same problem existed ! Still no crank ! I pulled of the black plastic clip (where the leads go in to) and noticed that on the inside the plastic clip there is metal ring that was badly corroded. .Cleaned it up amd put it all back together again and now the van starts again .
A further update for anyone with the same issues I’ve had .
After I had done all of the above the van was starting but it was taking ages to a start , about 20 seconds of cranking before It would start .
I connected my autel to it and had a look at the live data .
Everything looked good apart from the IAT was stuck at -40 . Now it is cold up here in Aberdeenshire but not that cold ! I popped off the sensor and it was covered in black gunk so I cleaned it up and cleaned inside the Inlet manifold as best as I could ,put it back together again and van started straight away and now showing IAT of 2 and rising as engine temp climbed .
Hope this thread can help someone out

Back