Technical Turns over but no power

Currently reading:
Technical Turns over but no power

timmy1875

My doblo 1 3 multi wouldn't start, replaced the battery earth cable. Now it turns over but won't start and no power to anything radio lights dash even the Bluetooth interface for the laptop has no power. Even the centralpcling with the fob won't work.

My doblo 1 3 multi wouldn't start, replaced the battery earth cable. Now it turns over but won't start and no power to anything radio lights dash even the Bluetooth interface for the laptop has no power. Even the centralpcling with the fob won't work.
Any chance you misplaced one of the wires when fitting the lead?:)

On these cars there is usually a single earth wire that goes from the battery to the body of the car just below the battery then carries on to the front of the gearbox.

If you have replaced the cable between the gearbox and the battery then the starter motor has a lovely new earth connection but have you disconnected the earth for literally everything else on the car ?

Ah ok. Yeah there is 3 connection points on the original and only one at each end on the replacement.

I've added a further earth to the 2 earth point. All electrics now on, car turns over but won't start. No errors on multi scan. BTW car has been sitting for 3 month.

Any white smoke or smell from the exhaust?
Does it sound like it is trying to start
'Is the battery fully charged and turning engine over like normal?

I've added a further earth to the 2 earth point. All electrics now on, car turns over but won't start. No errors on multi scan. BTW car has been sitting for 3 month.

Basics :

Is the fuel pump whirring when you 1st turn the key?

Does the Immobiliser symbol come on.. Then go off?

It won't run without these.. 😕

Sorted, new earth strap to the 2 point just under the battery resolved the power problem and fuse 21 in the engine compartment had blown. 15amp fuse for the pump in the fuel tank.

Thanks for all help on this thread and the previous one.

I now have a spare glow plug relay if anyone is after one.

Back