General No Cigarette Lighter, can one be fitted????

Currently reading:
General No Cigarette Lighter, can one be fitted????

hannhathan

Hey, I have a Jreg Uno45Fire and it does not have a cigarette lighter, but I need one for my GPS unit to be plugged into. Does anyone know if this can be done?I have the haynes manual workshop and service and repair but they just tell me where the fuse would be and how to refit a knackered one. The hole for the Cig Lighter is present in the little glove box on the dash but I cant find any cable going to it or coming from the fuse box that says it is for Cig Lighter. Please please help as I am ment to be going to Yorkshie this Friday and dont want my GPS battery to run out on me!

Hey, I have a Jreg Uno45Fire and it does not have a cigarette lighter, but I need one for my GPS unit to be plugged into. Does anyone know if this can be done?I have the haynes manual workshop and service and repair but they just tell me where the fuse would be and how to refit a knackered one. The hole for the Cig Lighter is present in the little glove box on the dash but I cant find any cable going to it or coming from the fuse box that says it is for Cig Lighter. Please please help as I am ment to be going to Yorkshie this Friday and dont want my GPS battery to run out on me!

If its a mark 2 (probably similar on mark 1 also) You should have the connector from the loom, its normally under the ashtray area or branching off the permanent live near the heater matrix/stereo area.
Try sourcing one out of an uno turbo or SX model, it will plug straight in. They come up on ebay sometimes or keep an eye out for any unos being broken.

:cool: F R O $ T Y

Last edited:
Cheers frosty.
I shall have a look this afternoon. If there is something already there would I be looking for a Plug coming off the loom?I ask this as yesterday I saw an extra bit of cable from it going to nothing at the moment so it is just hanging.

Cheers frosty.
I shall have a look this afternoon. If there is something already there would I be looking for a Plug coming off the loom?I ask this as yesterday I saw an extra bit of cable from it going to nothing at the moment so it is just hanging.

Yeh that sounds about right ^ it should have a cable there with a white coloured connector, when you get the cigarette lighter plug this cable into the bottom of the cigarette lighter and it should work.

:cool: F R O $ T Y

I checked and there are a variety of connectors behind the loom. However there are 3 white ones and 2 black ones. None of them are long enough to put the Cig Lighter where it is ment to go(in the mini glove box in the top dash).
What next?as I dont know.boo.

Back