Technical No sparks from spark plugs?

Currently reading:
Technical No sparks from spark plugs?

Dalleb1001

Hello, i’ve currently put a uno 1.5 i.e engine in my ritmo, everything works fine but the power distribution. I can’t seem to get any sparks from the spark plugs.

I have tested ignition coil and everything is fine, i have tried with a phase tester from the outgoing cable that is going to the middle of the power distributer, it lightens up the phase tester when key is turned to ignition on. But when i turn to start the engine, engine spins but there is no outgoing power from either of 1-4 spark plug cables.

What could be wrong? All the wires seems to be placed correct, and how can i test if it’s something in/on the distributor?

Also if anyone have a wiring diagram for the ignition i’d be happy to get it.

Thanks in advance

Hello, i’ve currently put a uno 1.5 i.e engine in my ritmo, everything works fine but the power distribution. I can’t seem to get any sparks from the spark plugs.

I have tested ignition coil and everything is fine, i have tried with a phase tester from the outgoing cable that is going to the middle of the power distributer, it lightens up the phase tester when key is turned to ignition on. But when i turn to start the engine, engine spins but there is no outgoing power from either of 1-4 spark plug cables.

What could be wrong? All the wires seems to be placed correct, and how can i test if it’s something in/on the distributor?

Also if anyone have a wiring diagram for the ignition i’d be happy to get it.

Thanks in advance
Crank sensor?

I would check for a disconnected wire in the LT side. Do you have electronic ignition on this engine? If there are no sparks then it suggests the electronics are at fault. Old distributors used to have somemlittleinsulated bits and if some small insulated washer has become lost could be ashort circuit. The last electronic ignition I fitted had a distributor ring under tha cap that sent the spark down the right wire. If you have something similar it could have failed. Back to first principles. Where does the spark come from. Follow the wires and look for something out of place or missing. If it were one or two pligs not working adjsutment or incorrectly connected HT leads might be the problem but no so likely with all 4 paying up. If the car has a crankshaft sensor I agree it might be the fisrt palce to start.

I would check for a disconnected wire in the LT side. Do you have electronic ignition on this engine? If there are no sparks then it suggests the electronics are at fault. Old distributors used to have somemlittleinsulated bits and if some small insulated washer has become lost could be ashort circuit. The last electronic ignition I fitted had a distributor ring under tha cap that sent the spark down the right wire. If you have something similar it could have failed. Back to first principles. Where does the spark come from. Follow the wires and look for something out of place or missing. If it were one or two pligs not working adjsutment or incorrectly connected HT leads might be the problem but no so likely with all 4 paying up. If the car has a crankshaft sensor I agree it might be the fisrt palce to start.
Yes i have the one with the ring on it and it’s electronic, but when i changed to another distributor with a module on the distributor itself, it worked just fine, my guess is the module died or the pickup is dead

Back