Technical Can a 1.1 be upgraded to turbo?

Currently reading:
Technical Can a 1.1 be upgraded to turbo?

bilopapa

hi guys i have an uno 1.1 fire still very neat everything original...wanted to know if i can put a turbo in this engine..i would like some advice thank you.

highly appreciated for the reply...howsit rally...never thought id get a reply....how glad am i....so its all about the work hey...im willing to go the extra mile or maybe can i put a 1.4 carburetor on the 1.1 if it is possible i just want the car alittle faster. and im having problems with my heater there's only cold air...i changed the thermostat, i checked the pipes its not blocked anywhere, i drained out some coolant still nothing...maybe some advice...my car feels bouncy also i dont know of thats normal to. thanks

highly appreciated for the reply...howsit rally...never thought id get a reply....how glad am i....so its all about the work hey...im willing to go the extra mile or maybe can i put a 1.4 carburetor on the 1.1 if it is possible i just want the car alittle faster. and im having problems with my heater there's only cold air...i changed the thermostat, i checked the pipes its not blocked anywhere, i drained out some coolant still nothing...maybe some advice...my car feels bouncy also i dont know of thats normal to. thanks
Ok so the fastest way to get more power would be too get a re-map done on the ecu, you could spend more money and get a fast road cam and a competition air filter, the idea is to get the engine to breath more easily I would not be looking at much more than this in the first instance, your heater matrix is almost certainly air locked which is why you have no heating, let the engine cool right down and fill the coolant expansion tank to the max level, identify which pipes feed the heater matrix ( they will be connected to the bulkhead and normally about 12 mm pipe) if your lucky they will be one above the other . Loosen off the jubilee clip on the top one, turn the heater on full( not the fan) and remove the pipe . if your lucky water will siphon through the pipe and leak out the bulkhead connection otherwise you may have to run the engine for a couple of seconds to pump water through. Once you have water coming out the pipe ,reconnect it ,fill the expansion bottle again and run the engine till its hot to look for any leaks hopefully this will give you a working heater. Bouncy suspension would indicate that your shock absorbers are getting tired, look for oil leaks around the tops , if any are gone i would recommend replacing all of them or at the very least those on the same axle.
Hope this is useful .
If your new to working on cars may I recommend you get a Haynes workshop manual for your make and model it will probably be the best investment you ever make..

Ok so the fastest way to get more power would be too get a re-map done on the ecu, you could spend more money and get a fast road cam and a competition air filter, the idea is to get the engine to breath more easily I would not be looking at much more than this in the first instance, your heater matrix is almost certainly air locked which is why you have no heating, let the engine cool right down and fill the coolant expansion tank to the max level, identify which pipes feed the heater matrix ( they will be connected to the bulkhead and normally about 12 mm pipe) if your lucky they will be one above the other . Loosen off the jubilee clip on the top one, turn the heater on full( not the fan) and remove the pipe . if your lucky water will siphon through the pipe and leak out the bulkhead connection otherwise you may have to run the engine for a couple of seconds to pump water through. Once you have water coming out the pipe ,reconnect it ,fill the expansion bottle again and run the engine till its hot to look for any leaks hopefully this will give you a working heater. Bouncy suspension would indicate that your shock absorbers are getting tired, look for oil leaks around the tops , if any are gone i would recommend replacing all of them or at the very least those on the same axle.
Hope this is useful .
If your new to working on cars may I recommend you get a Haynes workshop manual for your make and model it will probably be the best investment you ever make..
Hope this is useful .
hey...bro i dont even know how to thank you..you just literally made my day you a great person...im gonna start with the heater since its winter and then suspension while im saving for the road cam and competition air filter will definitely keep you posted on everything...and yes i would love to jave his number...and thanx again bro thanx a million God bless you

Hope this is useful .
still no heat bro

Back