Styling Newly installed Headunit wont power on :o(

Currently reading:
Styling Newly installed Headunit wont power on :o(

PavPev

Hey there,

I just got my hands on a 2003 Mk2b 1.3l TurboDiesel for my first car. I love it, but couldn't accept that it had a casette/radio and no CD!

So I decided since I was gonna get a new headunit I might aswell choose a nice one, so went with the JVC KD AVX44. It arrived this mornin, along with my replacement fascia surround, removed the stock radio easily, the new one plugged stright in via supplied converter and I thought "this has been too easy!" Turns out it was...

Basically, the eject button works. I can press it, the face tilts down and allows me to put in a CD and will eject it correctly when i press it again. But unfortunately the screen and controls dont light up and it doesnt play the CD or anything :cry:

Anyone had the same problems? 1 of my m8s said I should check the fuse, I did, was fine. Another of my m8s said I should try puttin the old one back, see if it asks for the code again, but it didn't.

Any help is much appreciated!!!

Thanks

Pav

Had a fiddle with the wires but no progress yet :(

I've tried switching the red and yellow wires round via the bullet connectors, and also tried the alternative wiring in the instructions, wiring both red and yelow from the unit to the red and alternaive red from the car, leaving the yellow attached to nothing but the car.

The original set up will allow the unit to eject and insert cd's but all the alternative wirings give no response at all. :cry:

Any more ideas? I've read other posts saying 'join the yellow and red wires', but does that mean by the connenctors, or literally strip the wires and join them? If so, at what end and is it red to yellow or yellow to red?

Pav

take off any wiring adaptors you have as the standard fiat plugs should fit. then if it doesn't work, join the red wire to the yellow. if that doesn't work, swap them over.

YAY!!! IT WORKS!!!

I joined the alternative red to the yellow. Stripped the red wire, shoved it into the bullet connector on the yellow and voila!

Works like a charm, gunna go have a play with it now. Thanks for everyone's help!

Back