Styling Newest Mod 27/3/06

Currently reading:
Styling Newest Mod 27/3/06

Right, had a go at doing something a bit different and painted the dial surround.

dialslong.jpg

Close up of paint

dialsclose.jpg

I think it looks quite cool, what does everyone else reckon?

na, imo i hate it, just see colouring that without nice dials very chavtastic :p

the effect looks like quite cool but reminds me of when i sprayed part of plastic interior with just paint and no primer and it all cracked and looked like that! :p

and high mileage car!! (i can clock it back to 30k for you :p :devil:, call it a fiver? lol)

col7104 said:
Work in progress I'm sure!

Damn, I want a temp gauge, I have to guess when it's warmed up.
Take it you have an S? If so wire in a set of dials from that of an SX/Sporting. Simple replacement, just need to run a wire from one connector to that of the blue wire coming out of the ECU

Then you just swap for the temp sensor over, again from an SX model

beau_4076 said:
the effect looks like quite cool but reminds me of when i sprayed part of plastic interior with just paint and no primer and it all cracked and looked like that! :p

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D <-- n u kno why!

it looks better than wot u described (y) think it looks alright

tinnion87 said:
Take it you have an S? If so wire in a set of dials from that of an SX/Sporting. Simple replacement, just need to run a wire from one connector to that of the blue wire coming out of the ECU

Then you just swap for the temp sensor over, again from an SX model

Thanks, I'll look into it, I take it I get an engine fun meter too with such modification :D

Sorry for hijacking the thread, all yours cinqy!

col7104 said:
Oooh, very nice. Looks a bit like him/her is a bit tired with shot eyes though:D

How'd you get the effect, very nice.

lol

I got the effect almost by accident...

I first of all sprayed it red (the same as the car) then lacquered and went a bit overboard with the clearcoat...

so I sanded it down a bit so it was flat again, and then thought "actually, I wonder what white would look like" so I sprayed it with white primer and the effect happened...

Back