Technical Newbie needing help pleaseeeeee before i tie the knot lol

Currently reading:
Technical Newbie needing help pleaseeeeee before i tie the knot lol

hertsstilo1984

I bought my lovely fiat stilo but didnt have engine cover

friday i was out in rain and fusebox got wet and must of caguth light but not for more than a minute

but its brown underneath

but car would not start by key so i jumped it home

got it home went scrappy bought another fusebox the same and plugged it up

but car is not starting its just clicking then the cliking stops but wheni bang the starter it comes bac then clicking stops

is this the starter

help me its driving me insane new fiat driver

You may just have a weak battery so first thing be to test and charge up the battery to eliminate that as a problem first..as you may not have enough power to turn the starter but usually when battery is low in charge when you turn the key to start the car if the battery is low the dash lights will also fade when you try to start the car..if battery is ok have you tried to bump start the car, maybe the starter has jammed a little and a few taps on the starter also helps..just a few things to try as sounds like the starter motor solenoide is clicking but starter motor not turning
Also would certainly advise getting the cover for fuse/battery area as is known problem with water damage if missing and you find yourself frying the fuse board again
Could also worth checking any wiring round the fuse board area in case it has shorted and burnt through and for an blown fuses large and small in the fuse board area after the shorting that occured due to water damage

Last edited:
hi i have a battery tester and alternator biult in i have tested it says its fully charged

but it is ticking but it dies out and goes quiet till you bang starter so i hope its that

so would it be starter if it is this would be the 2 nd on there

would be best to check Fuse and wiring/relay linked to starter first due to the issue with shorting you had in the fuse board area..then you know if starter motor is getting the power needed if you sure battery is ok

The clicking would be the starter solenoide clicking the contacts to the thicker heavy duty cable that carries the higher current needed for the starter motor, the fuses may be ok but is only be a quick check of the bigger fuses in battery area and if you had a multimeter you could check continuity in the thicker cable to the starter motor to check all is ok on that side before going to trouble and expense of starter which could of been damaged by any shorting that had occured in the fuse board

but surely if its clicking then it should start i bought a fusebox froma breakersa but not check the fuses its the relays that get me as u cant see them

but ill check in morning of the fuses

but surely if its clicking then it should start i bought a fusebox froma breakersa but not check the fuses its the relays that get me as u cant see them

Not if the thicker heavy duty cable is not carrying any power, the larger fuses built for carrying higher current may not be part of the fuse/relay board as I do not know which one it is but would be a large one which is why I suggest it is worth a quick check of all fuses due to the problem you had of shorting in the fuseboard area and all you need to do is trace the heavy duty cable back to relevant large fuse by the battery..there is also the posibility that a short due to water in fuse board could of switched the starter motor on while the engine of the car was running and you did not notice due to engine noise at the time and burnt out the starter motor but best to check all is well in the fuse and power supply to starter first just in case due to the issue you experienced with the fuse board

right well when i opened my window i could hear some noise as if something was rattling but the main fuses your talking about is the ones in fusebox and are black or red

i just want to get it 100% straight so i know in morning cheers for replys guys

hi i have a battery tester and alternator biult in i have tested it says its fully charged

1. How did you test the battery?
  2. Is the replacement fuse box from a car with the same engine as yours?
  3. Which engine do you have?
  4. Have you checked the wiring below the fuse box that caught fire? (The insulation may have melted and shorted wires together)
There is no fuse or relay for the starter motor circuit. If there were, they would have to be something like 350 to 700 Amps depending on engine size.

Last edited:
hi i went out checked big fuses no problems i think

but i put battery checker on again with fan and lights radio on and it says red low charge

but i tryed jumping it earlier with another car with same problem woudnt start just nothing except ticking till it goes the hit starter and ticking comes back

but when turning ignition so dash lights come on you hear a quick ticking sound coming from fuse battery area then it stops think this is normal but i dont work it out im hoping its the starter

but when you turn ignition with the fans etc on the fans just stop when ignition is turnt but how comes it woudnt jump earlier

it didnt set light properly it like smoldered the fusebox has the correct fuses fittings to mine

im using one from lidls its brand new i dont own a battery charger

if it was battery why didnt it start when i jumped it with jump leads with another car

Re: Car Security Failure

i have the same problem got another fusebox but im not getting anything lol except dash lights so a diagram of fusebox would be great

im using one from lidls its brand new i dont own a battery charger

It would be easier to understand your problem if you put some effort in your grammar. When sentences are written like this, it is quite difficult to understand what you mean. No offence, as we are quite many non-English members, but at least we try. (y)

I am using one from Lidl.
It is brand new.
I do not own a battery charger.

M.

i have the same problem got another fusebox but im not getting anything lol except dash lights so a diagram of fusebox would be great

supply.jpg

this should help you out a little bit then

A1 Battery
B1 Engine Compartment Fuse Box
B2 Passenger Compartment Fuse Box
B45 Luggage Compartment Fuse Box
B99 Maxi Fuse Block (bolted to + battery terminal)
H1 Ignition Switch
M1 Body Computer
M89 Steering Lock Control Unit

Thanks guys all sorted the fusebox made the starter burn out all sorted and fixed

just got another problem now

Back