500 Newbie looking for advice :)

Currently reading:
500 Newbie looking for advice :)

Jacbar

Im Jacqueline,
Im on my second 500, had it a year. I had no issues with my first but this one is causing no end of problems. It was an ex test drive car with 1200 miles when I bought it. A few months after driving around I realised my start-stop wasn't working. I'm not new to this so new all the things to look out for that can stop it kicking it. Nothing I did would make the start-stop work. As well as this there were bulbs out on the radio so I booked the car in to have it looked at.
Long story short, a part was ordered for engine and start-stop now working but when they removed my radio they scratched my dash.
First issue was they handed over my car at night in the dark without telling me, I was straight down next and service manager accepted liability and ordered a replacement dash. That was on the 2nd April this year. I have been waiting since then for the dash which was on back order in Italy. Just got a phone call to say it's came in but is damaged and they have ordered another but it is again on back order!
I am not waiting another 4 months for another dash to be delivered!

Who can I contact to make a formal complaint? Try and get the ball rolling on this? To say I'm livid is an understatement.

Thanks
Jacque

Hi, and welcome to fF,

good to hear that they actually managed to get the SS working.. plenty have failed..,

with the scratch;

calm down..,
call the garage again , and ask to speak to the same manager who has actually been speaking to you / dealing with the dash issue,
arrange to bring the car down ( make an appointment)

look at the scratch together,
ask if they will get a "smart repair done"..at their expense..BUT guaranteed.

their are companies who do this to bodywork ( and painted Bumpers) all the time,
so you should be able to get an " invisible" repair in DAYS rather than months.

good luck,
charlie - Oxford

Hello Jacque and welcome to the forum :wave:

Sorry to hear about the problem you're having with sourcing a dash.

Which bit has the dealership damaged - the plastic dash itself or one of the painted panels?

Any chance you could take a photo of the damage so that we can see what's happened?

Last edited:
Back