Newbie Hello

Currently reading:
Newbie Hello

EstelleB

Hello There

I’m saying hi as suggested by the welcome email

My name is Estelle and I picked up a Panda 2009 on Friday.

Still getting to know its ins and outs.

My mum got very excited as she reminded me she too had a Panda and i learned to drive in her beloved Panda

KRs

Estelle

Hi Estelle, and welcome :)

We've had our Panda for 5 years now - apart from a few small and cheap consumables, it's been a great companion - hope you (and your mum!) enjoy yours.

Very friendly and helpful bunch on here if you need any advice :)

Have a good look under the back of the car at the rear axle spring pans - they're the main rust area on these cars. A clean up with a wire brush and a yearly smear in old oil or grease should keep the worst of the rust at bay.

Also check the rubber 'duckbill' scuttle drains below the wipers are kept clear - they block easily.

Hi Estelle, and welcome :)

We've had our Panda for 5 years now - apart from a few small and cheap consumables, it's been a great companion - hope you (and your mum!) enjoy yours.

Very friendly and helpful bunch on here if you need any advice :)

Have a good look under the back of the car at the rear axle spring pans - they're the main rust area on these cars. A clean up with a wire brush and a yearly smear in old oil or grease should keep the worst of the rust at bay.

Also check the rubber 'duckbill' scuttle drains below the wipers are kept clear - they block easily.
Thankyou. Really useful info

I bought the Haynes manual yesterday 😀 and through this forum found the manual as well

Great support

Welcome to FF. We have 3 Pandas because they have been kind on the pocket and good to drive. Keep the brakes serviced annually. Brakes tend to get sticky and become rusty if this is not done. Its an hours work. Panda is a car that needs regualr service to give its best. I would also change the clutch fluid and the gearbox oil as this is unlikely to have been done and it will make the car better to drive. The only other annoying problem we have had was the boot lock which stopped working. Removing it and cleaning has restored this for 3 years now. Going round everything with pentrating oil regularly will help if anything needs to be dismantled for service or repair. Also have the tracking checked and reset regularly as it will probably need it. Generally a great choice of car and fun to drive. The manual is quite good but not always clear. Many helpful people and historic threads on here to provide answers if needed. I hope you enjoy your Panda as much as we do ours.

Back