General Newbie and my 500 Street

Currently reading:
General Newbie and my 500 Street

Richie500

I've been browsing on here for a while since I put my order in for a Red 500 Street. I've always been a VAG man but have made the choice to go 500 due to the limited miles that I now do to and from work.

Just had a call to say my car is at the dealers waiting to be prepared. I will put some un wrapped photos up once I have the keys :D

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 63
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 55
I've been browsing on here for a while since I put my order in for a Red 500 Street. I've always been a VAG man but have made the choice to go 500 due to the limited miles that I now do to and from work.

Just had a call to say my car is at the dealers waiting to be prepared. I will put some un wrapped photos up once I have the keys :D
picked up my new 500 lounge 2 days ago, and love it! welcome to the club lol

When did you order? Did they put the date back at all? I have been told Mid October for mine.

When did you order? Did they put the date back at all? I have been told Mid October for mine.

Originally I wanted the street in black which I would have had to wait alot longer for but they had a pasadoble red in the dock waiting so I went with that as it was cheaper too. I put my order in at the end of July/begging of August.

Well I've had my new Street for 2 days now and have to say that it is a fun little car to drive.

Here are a few un-wrapped photos as promised

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
Very nice.

Incidentally, is it me or do the black alloys emphasise the wheel arch gap more than ordinary ones?

Yes, but strangely it seemed a centimeter or so lower than the standard 500 when parked side by side.

I have been thinking about possibly getting it lowered if I have a good months overtime

I think it would really benefit from it. And it would drive better too. There are a few threads on here dealing with the topic at length/ad nauseam (delete as applicable).

I think it would really benefit from it. And it would drive better too. There are a few threads on here dealing with the topic at length/ad nauseam (delete as applicable).

Thanks alot. Next photos may be before and after shots :)

Yes, but strangely it seemed a centimeter or so lower than the standard 500 when parked side by side.

I have been thinking about possibly getting it lowered if I have a good months overtime

There is no difference in suspension between the street or other 500's with the same engine.

There is no difference in suspension between the street or other 500's with the same engine.

Yes your right, Ive just read that online and I was parked next to another 500 earlier and they were the same height.

Back