General Newbie Abarth Owner

Currently reading:
General Newbie Abarth Owner

Speedtrip

Hi there, this is my first post even though my wife and I have owned a Stilo Abarth for 3 years. The reason for the post is really to see if there is anyone who could advise me or recommend a good one-stop shop to have some mods carried out? The car is completely standard but i'd like to improve the handling and also improve the sound and performance. I've been looking at Schumachers but my wife won't let her Abarth go! :devil: I've read the threads on the eibach spring upgrade but i'm thinking i'd also need to upgrade the dampers too? I don't want to lower the car too much or have too a harsh ride, just stop the excessive body roll and allow the fitment of 18" wheels and lower profile tyres. I was also looking at exhaust and intake upgrades and possibly an ECU? If you had a blank canvas and about £1500 what would you put on your shopping list to make the most of this excellent car?? Cheers, Speedtrip.

Welcome dude. i would go for a set of eibachs on standard dampers, and axe ex10 wheels in a staggered fitment. i would go for a stainless exhuast system a and a cda induction kit, then i would roll, it would good just like that buddy. and then you should have money left over too take the wife away for the weekend in the stilo :)

Welcome to the Forum. Eibachs should be ok, but I wouldn't pair them with the standard dampers. I would recommend Koni yellows with adjustable damping, so you can set your ride quality to your liking. Alternatively go for Bilstiens (which are standard fit on the Schumacher).

I can also recommend Longlife exhausts for a stainless system. They have a network of outlets around the country. Think about removing the second CAT at the same time.

As far as performance goes, unless you have shed loads to spend, I would just fit a K&N air filter and leave it at that. Why would you change the ECU? Don't understand that. If you mean a re-map, your engine is normally aspirated, so re-mapping will never give big gains like it can on a turbo'd car for what you'll pay. You can fit race cams etc but they are pretty pricey.

Last edited:
Hi Yellow - Good point about the ECU - I was thinking of a remap but appreciate the big gains come from turbo'd cars.
Rat - You must be happily married coming up with ideas like that! Love it.
With these upgrades, would I be looking at about 10bhp gain?? I'll have a hunt round on the net for some suppliers - keep the ideas coming though!

Welcome SpeedTrip!

I recently got an Abarth and my first mod is (hopefully) going to be a Longlife exhaust. It's £499 for a cat back system.

Performance Air filter £50 to £250

Next on the list is alloy refurbishment, as the "blade" alloys are 17" and look great IMO. That's about £50 a wheel.

Leather interior would be nice, there is currently a white leather set on ebay for £250.

Last edited:
Back